ch. 36

Cassadee pov

"Hey Cassadee, I need to talk to you." Ross said sitting next to me on the couch.

"What is it?" I asked. I felt our baby kick. Instinctively, I grabbed Ross' hand.

"Well, I just want you to know that I had no control of this, and that I love you very much. " Ross said. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Cass, R5 is going on tour in a week. We were told today." Ross said. I looked at him and tears welled in my eyes.

"What? Why? How long?" I asked.

"Eight months." Ross said.

"Can I go?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"So your going to miss his birth and the first four months of his life! Ross how could you!!" I cried standing up and going to my room. I closed or more like slammed the door and laid in bed. I cried and cried. I heard the door open quietly.

"Cassadee .." Ross said. I didn't respond. He stood in front of me and I turned the other way.

"Cassadee, please talk to me? " Ross said calmly.

"What Ross?" I said irritated.

"I love you." he said.

"Love is not leaving your very pregnant wife at home for eight months." I said with anger in my voice.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I had no control over this. They told us today. I tried to tell them no but they said the dates were all confirmed." he said. I turned and looked at him.

"Ross I'm scared." I said with worry in my voice. I have been very emotional lately. One minute I'm happy and the next I'm angry at everyone.

"Scared of what sweetie?" he asked. I moved over and he climbed into the bed. I laid on his chest. He had his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm scared to give birth without you here to support me. " I said beginning to cry.

"Cass, I will not miss his birth." Ross said.

"But you're going to be touring." I said.

"I will hop on a plane and fly back. I do not care if I'm in the middle of a concert or interview I will fly back because you are more important to me than anything. All you have to do is call me and if I don't answer call my mom, dad, or Ryland." Ross said. I looked at him and he kissed me.

"Ok." I said before falling asleep.

Ross pov

Cassadee fell asleep. I felt really bad for leaving her but I had no choice. I wanted to stay but I can't. One thing I'm going to make sure of is that I'm here for her when she goes into laborious and that both my son and wife come on tour with us afterwards. Cassadee has a point, the first four months are months I don't want to miss out on in his life. I called my manager.

"Hi Ross." she said.

"Hi we need to talk now." I said.

"What's the problem?" she asked.

"My wife is four months away from giving birth and I'm going to be on tour. I will make it to his birth and I will NOT leave them." I said.

"Ross that's shy you called? For something not important." she asked.

"You got it wrong, my family is important to me. And I want them to join us after the birth! " I said upset.

"Ross you know we..." I stopped her.

"You WILL make that happen. " I said ending the phone call. I put my phone on the night stand and rubbed Cassadee's stomach. I felt him kick at my touch. Cassadee didn't wake up. I left my hand on her stomach. After a while he stopped and I kissed Cassadee's head. She woke up.

"Hi love!" I said.

"Hi." she said. "I'm hungry. I want peanut butter, strawberries, whipped cream, bread, vanilla pudding, and pickles." she added. I got out of bed.

"Ok ill go get that for you." I said.