ch. 10

Cassdaee POV

      I've been in the hospital for a week now. R5 including Ryland are still here. My family is slowly packing our stuff. At least that's what they've told me. Right now Ross is with me.

     "Thanks for staying with me." I said looking into his hazel eyes.

      "Your welcome. I'll do anything for you." he said. I blushed. Over the past week Ross and I have become super close. So close, I have more than a crush on him.

   "Ross, do you know how Alyssa is doing?" I asked.

   "Umm, honestly ..." he said.

    "I'm OK." Alyssa said.

     "Alyssa!!!" I said she walked over to me and we hugged.

    "How are you, really?" I asked.

     "Not good. I was terrified, Cass, I thought you were going to die. I thought you were gonna drown." She said crying. Ross stood up from the chair and left the room.

   "Alyssa, I'm sorry you were scared. But hey, at least I'm here!!" I said.

   "I cancelled the photo shoot and I think I'm going to forfeit out of the competition." Alyssa said.

    "You did what!? No you can't!! You can't cancel the shoot, you can't forfeit!" I said.

   "Why? I haven't been surfing in a week. I'm scared Cassadee. I'm traumatized just as much as anyone else!!" She shouted.

    "Alyssa, I'm sorry! I didn't plan to be attacked and if I did I wouldn't have gone surfing that day. I'm sorry we are all traumatized by it. I wish this didn't happen to me. I wish I still had two arms because now I can't surf. I can't surf as good with one arm. At least you have two arms!!! Alyssa, I'm sorry for everything. I know how much the shoot and competition meant for you. You and I both know that i don't want to be the one stopping you from our.. your dream!!! I never wanted that!!" I shouted back crying now. Alyssa looked at me and then stormed out of my room.

    Ross POV

      I left Cassadee's room to give her and Alyssa sometime. I walked to the restroom and then I went outside for a couple of minutes.  I slowly walked back to Cassadee's room. When I reached the corner of the hall Alyssa came zipping around the corner crying.

    "Alyssa, are you OK?" I asked.

    "Just leave me alone!" she said and continued walking away. I walked faster to Casssadee's room. I entered and found her crying. I walked over to her and hugged her.

    "Cass, can you tell me what happened?" I asked. She just nodded.

     "Alyssa told me she dropped out of the competition and cancelled the photo shoot. I told her she shouldn't do that. She said she was to traumatized just as every one else. I told her I didn't want the attack to happen and if I planned for it I would've never gone surfing. I told her that I wouldn't want her giving up her dream. and then she stormed out." Cassadee said through the tears. I continued to hold her until she stopped crying and fell asleep. I sat back in my chair and turned on the TV. I pulled out the necklace I bought for Cassadee and stared at it.

     I have to ask her soon. But I have to ask her the right way which means not in the hospital.

    I stared at the necklace for a few more minutes until the doctor came in.

    "Ross?" He asked.

     "Yeah?" i said.

      "I decided Cassadee can go home now because she's healing better and faster than I thought and she's not having any complications." The doctor said.

      "Really? Um wow OK. I'll call her parents then." I said.

     "Great. You guys can leave when she wakes up." He said. I nodded and shook his hand. I then called her parents.