Chapter 30

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The plan was moving in line with Shiroe's prediction.

I will be expecting great things from this two-man show...

Shiroe confirmed the plan in his mind; the negotiation in the next few days would be critical with no room for error.

"I leave the negotiation details in your hands, Henrietta-san."

"Roger, leave it to me." Henrietta nodded slightly, giving her a princess smile.

"Mary-nee, I leave restocking to you."

"I understand, but, I am not good with numbers..."

"You just need to get the other party to agree, I will come along to discuss the details. Or should I say, I will do both the restocking and the negotiations together, this will be easier..."

Henrietta was far more capable than Shiroe imagined. He felt her aptitude for business during normal conversations, but he did not expect her to be so excellent. Maryele, who was a bit clumsy but accommodating, needed companions like Henrietta and Shouryuu to assist her.

Well, by having a sister that was labelled as a genius in business studies, it wouldn't be surprised that I wouldn't realise that Henrietta-san would be this excellent as well.

"Henri-nee, I would help you with the necessary reports if you need them. Mary-nee, I would overlook the stall tomorrow as well so try your best with the meeting tomorrow."

Rinne asks Henrietta if she needs her assistance to prepare for tomorrow and cheered Maryele at the same time.

"Thank you Rin-sama. Then, I would need your assistance with the logistic quota for restocking." Henrietta is thankful for Rinne's willingness to help them.

"Thank you Rin-Rin. But, do not overwork too much. Alright?" Maryele cared for Rinne as if it is her sister. She is worrying that Rinne would push herself too far like how Shiroe does sometimes.

But, Rinne shakes her head and smile to express that she is alright.

Shiroe smiled at the current conversation flow and recalled Akatsuki, who was travelling the city carrying out her special mission, and Naotsugu, who was doing stock takes even though he had been farming the whole day, as well as Nyanta, who was preparing the Crescent Burgers for tomorrow.

Everyone is working up to expectations, and even giving higher standards than the targeted goal. If we fail in the end, the fault will lie totally on me...

"What is the matter, Shiro-bou?"

"Nothing."

Am I worthy of being their teammate?

That thought flashed through his mind.

But that was only for a short moment as Rinne flicked his forehead. It is as if she is warning Shiroe that she knows what he is thinking.

"Ouch!" Shiroe rubs his forehead. 

That's right...

For the sake of the companions that had been waiting for him, in order to not let them become fakes, he had the responsibility to match up to them.

Just as he promised Akatsuki that day, just as he pledged before Naotsugu, Rinne, Nyanta, Maryele, and everyone.

No, 'worthy or not', this question was a meaningless and pretentious one.