Chapter 9 (Edited)

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Currently, the party is in the Kanda Channel, a ruin based on the Marunouchi Metro in the real world. It was the nest of demi-humans like goblins and beast-men.

The enemies in this region were only about level 30, no longer a threat to Shiroe and the others. With such a level gap, the monsters would hesitate to attack them.

With the sky totally dark, Shiroe, Rinne, Naotsugu, and Akatsuki regretted spending too much time in the Imperial Forest.

Since monsters wouldn't attack them recklessly, they could just make camp in some ruins, caves, or under trees. But they were still travelling with their magic light shining, moving on the roads with abandoned cars and trucks scattered all around.

Both Rinne and Akatsuki insisted that sleeping on a proper bed was more comfortable.

Furthermore, they had furs and fangs looted from monsters in their bag they needed to trade for cash anyway, so they needed to go back to the city.

Naotsugu, who was in the lead, would turn back every now and then to confirm his party mates' statuses.

Three of them show no signs of fatigue, our level 90 bodies have considerable stamina after all. Naotsugu sighed in relief secretly after looking at their steadfast footsteps.

Unlike the rest, Naotsugu was a typical warrior. Warriors had outstanding strength, stamina, and agility. Even he himself was surprised he could fight for hours wearing 40-50 kg armour. Even if he exhausted his energy, he just needed to rest for a few minutes to slowly recover his strength. He was confident of lifting 300kg in terms of his explosive power, and his stamina seemed boundless.

But it was different for the others. Shiroe was a pure intellect class, Rinne was a middle support player and Akatsuki was incredibly fast, but she was a lightly armoured fighter. They might have claimed 'There is no problem with stamina, we are level 90 too' but Naotsugu felt he needed to accommodate them for this part.

But, there was no need to worry about tonight.

With the bright moonlight and magic illumination, the relatively smooth asphalt road with some debris and a few potholes was easy to traverse.

"The goblins aren't attacking us." Naotsugu wondered.

"We are level 90 after all. Maybe by their instinct, they knew not to attack us?" Rinne shared her opinion on the rest.

"Maybe. But I like the goblin with the skull on its head. Their arrogant demeanour is cute and weird" said Akatsuki.

 Their arrogant demeanour is cute and weird" said Akatsuki

(Goblins in cuter drawings by yours truly anime ><")

Akatsuki is talking nonsense with a straight face... Shiroe sweatdrop