Chapter 15 (Edited)

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Their roles within the team had been set. Shiroe and Naotsugu detested the idea of a petite girl like Akatsuki scouting alone in the beginning, but Akatsuki was proficient at this, and her pride pushed her to contribute to the team.

The two of them accepted this reluctantly after understanding Akatsuki's view.

Scouting was Akatsuki's strong point, so this division of work made sense. This serious girl played her part with utmost dedication.

Naotsugu dragged a steel box from a pile of junk and sat on it, hugging his sword while guarding the entrance. He would be ready if any enemy showed up.

"Summon: Carbuncle!" Rinne had just summoned a phantom beast like a small animal that harbors the power of destruction due to its forehead. Carbuncle is physically powerless and its attack is mostly a headbutt, but it has the ability to put the damage-blocking barrier due to the light that emits from the ruby of the forehead. However, because of its adorable appearance, it is also mascot-like, and it is often seen that it is called and carried around without use.

 However, because of its adorable appearance, it is also mascot-like, and it is often seen that it is called and carried around without use

(Imagine there are 2 types of Carbuncle and Rinne owned the blue one. This cute picture belongs to the respective owner ^^)

"Now, distance yourself and this entrance door by 8 meters. If there are any monsters coming over here. Alert me, alright? You are allowed to attack for your self-defense."

"Kou~~" It acknowledges Rinne's order and exits the entrance that Naotsugu is currently guarding. (Author note: Sorry, I have no idea how their call or sounds like so just pretend it calls like how fox sounds in anime ><)

Once Shiroe confirmed that everything is in place, he used the menu in his mind to call Maryele telepathically. Shiroe had been contacting Maryele around this time daily after starting the journey. Maryele understood this and picked up quickly.

"Thanks for the hard work Shiro-bou, how are things?"

"Everything is fine here, we made camp and rested shortly after contacting you yesterday. We entered Deep in Palm this morning."

"To say that you are in the dungeon right now?"

"Yes."

"That is too fast!!! You are scaring your onee-san here!!!"

"Yes..."

Maryele's kind greetings gave Shiroe a warm feeling. He wanted to reply in a kinder way, but that was beyond him. Shiroe continued to answer politely as he thought about this.

Maryele didn't know Shiroe was traveling in a special way... by griffin. The usual means of travel in this world was by summoning horses.

Summoners could conjure several mounts such as unicorns to ride, but only high-level summoners were able to summon flying mounts. Normal players would not be able to imagine Enchanters, warriors, and weapon-based classes owning flying mounts.