v.

Followed
Ichigo

I had been able to see ghosts for a while now. It became second nature to just see them out on the streets or hiding in alleyways. They we transparent almost, you could see through them.

Though I had noticed not long ago someone following me. At first I thought they were just another ghost, but they looked like a human. They always wore a hood on a weird black kimono so I never saw their face.

One day when I was sitting in class, I saw the figure again. She had long black hair under her hood, and she sat in a tree just watching. Monitoring everything I did, following me everywhere I went.

Then out if nowhere, she vanished. Days went by without seeing the strange woman. That was until the strange earthquakes started. They happened often, sometimes days apart from one another. My father always seemed serious when watching the news about them in the morning. He was never the serious type, always attacking me out of nowhere. He was seriously annoying.

It was that fateful afternoon when everything changed. When I saw a strange girl with a sword and a similar kimono slay a monster. A monster that caused an earthquake. It made no sense to me. Though I vividly remember, after the girl walked before my eyes, I caught a glimpse of the mystery follower out of the corner of my eye. She stood in the middle of a croup of people watching me. Watching me in awe of the other girl.

In that moment I knew neither of them were human. They weren't ghosts either. Later that night I learned that they were Soul Reapers. Rukia Kuchiki was the girl who killed what was called a Hollow earlier that afternoon. Though she had nothing to tell me about the strange Soul Reaper who was following me.

"I'm the only Soul Reaper in the area. So maybe you have just been seeing me around?" She suggested. It concerned me. Maybe I was in danger? Maybe my whole family was in danger of this rogue Soul Reaper. I had no idea who I was up against. Or even what I was up against in that matter.