the moon and the stars

I recently received this object where in the dark it shines on my ceiling the most beautiful moon and stars- acting like the nights sky.

So every night the room lights up with the universe.

The universe. It surrounds me.

Closing in on me every night making sure I get to sleep, making sure I'm well, making sure I'm okay.

I look up. Every night.

I look up and see the world. The whole world. Its beautiful.

Its not real, though; I still want to believe it is. I want to believe that if I remove the comforting blankets upon my body, I will float -evaporate- into nothingness.

All of humanity will just be a myth to me and I will be gone.

I look up and see the moon and the stars.

I want to believe that the world has no emotion; no happiness nor sorrow. No guilt or fear to hide from. No laughs or love to strive from.

It was just, there.

But when I look up to see the moon and the stars dare I see no such thing.

A sparkle, a glimmer, flash in the stars; bright. The moon surrounded by the twinkling lights. The more I look. I see it, I see it! The smile, the smile! In the moon and the stars.

It smiled, it smiled! I can see it all so clear now. The moon and the stars, they proved me wrong.

The universe had taught me a lesson:

My eyes are the stars; shining so bright.

And my smile is the moon; illuminating the night.