Houston's Silence

The rocket pours a whirlwind of liquid hydrogen, in extraordinary fury, in a gesture of rebellion and revolt;  little by little, the Earth becomes an insignificant point in the rear view of the spacecraft.

Suddenly, something happens ...
- Houston, we have a problem!!

We lost contact ... we are adrift, towards the unknown!!

Noises of sidereal static echo… stereo hisses… deafening silence!

He remembers Apollo 13, and a feeling of abandonment takes over his head, leaving him psychologically exhausted.

Moments of apprehension ... doubts ... despair ...

Finally, a certainty: there is nothing more to do ...

Resignation...

What will be left behind?  What lies ahead? Is there a brave new world to discover?

Earth, how beautiful you were in your defects! Seas, I won't feel your tides anymore! At sunset, will I still see your orange?

Thin air ... wheezing ... clothes wet with sweat ....

Despair hits mercilessly ...

Outlines a cry of revolt: how could it have happened?  Your life, your loves, you will never have them again! Repentance ... why didn't you say more times that you loved them?

A childish sob dominates him ... it's all over!

Suddenly, a high-pitched beep!
- it's your time!

He rubs his eyes, accommodates the vision to the light and then recognizes that sweet voice: it is his daughter who wakes him up to go to work ...

Realize, then, what happened ... cries convulsively ...

A new opportunity is offered ...

This time, he's sure he won't lose it !!

Houston broke the silence ...