"What? What do you mean?"

"She's not here. I checked everywhere. I think she ran away"

"Oh my god" Veronica breaths out. Tears form in her eyes. "This is my fault"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is. I yelled at her earlier. I didn't even check on her. It's my fault"

"Baby don't blame yourself" he sits down next to her and wipes her tears away "try to keep calm. I'll call some people. Don't worry I'm sure she's fine"
Veronica nods. Archie kisses her cheek before he pulls his phone out of his pocket.

The first person he calls is Betty. She picks up almost immediately and speaks before Archie even has the chance to. "Before you say anything, Valerie is here. Jug and I just got home and found her in our backyard. She's alright and enjoying some ice cream with Jug right now"

"Oh thank god. Ronnie and I are coming over now. Thank you Betty" He hangs up and places his phone on the coffee table.

"She's at Betty's"

Veronica nods. She ties to keep her tears from falling but she can't. Archie takes the baby into his arms and then Veronica. He kisses her head and strokes her back. "It's okay Ronnie, she's fine"

•••

Valerie hides behind Betty's legs as she opens the door for Archie and Veronica. Valerie is mad at her mom and doesn't want to talk to her but she changes her mind quickly when he sees the tears in Veronica's eyes.

"Mommy" she mumbles and walk to her. Veronica wraps her arms tightly around her daughter.
"Don't ever run away again sweetheart. Yell at me, slam doors but please don't run away"

"I'm sorry mommy"

"It's okay my love"

Valerie pulls back and grabs Veronica's hand. She looks up to Betty. "Auntie Betty you said I can come over when ever I want"

"Yes honey but you have to ask mommy and daddy first and me. Uncle Jug and I weren't even home"

"Okay, I'm sorry"

"It's okay" Betty smiles. She hands Valerie her backpack and kisses her head.

"Thanks Betty" Archie says.

"No problem guys"

•••

"Go to your room sweetheart, I'll be there in a second to talk" Veronica smiles while she strokes her daughter's hair. She nods and runs to her room.

Veronica turns to Archie who still holds Frederick in his arms. "I'm a horrible mother. I didn't even notice she was gone"

"You're an amazing mother Ronnie. You were busy. You can't have your eyes everywhere. Look at this little baby. This perfect, happy and healthy little baby. He's perfect and so is Valerie. She adores you. You're the best mommy in the world"

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so Ronnie" he whispers. He kisses her cheek and wipes a single tear away. He sits down on the couch while Veronica walks to her daughter's bedroom.

When Veronica walks into the room Valerie lies in bed. She has her face buried in a pile of pillows.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Why did you run away?" Veronica asks. She sits down on her daughter's bed and runs her fingers through her raven curls.

"Do you and daddy still love me?" she mumbles.

"Huh?"

Valerie sits up. She grabs Fred the bunny and look into Veronica's eyes.

"Do you and daddy still love me?"

"Of course we love you sweetheart. We love you so so much. What makes you think otherwise?"

"You and daddy only spend time with Freddie and every time I want to play with you, you either have to feed Freddie or change his diapers or he's crying or he's asleep and I have to be quiet. This is unfair you were my mommy first"

"Oh honey" Veronica sighs. She pulls Valerie onto her lap and kisses her head. "That's only because he's still a baby. You're a big girl.
I have to feed Freddie because he can't eat on his own yet. You can do that. I have to change him because he doesn't know how to do it, you do. He has to sleep a lot because he's still so tiny. You're older so you don't have to sleep so much anymore. You're his big sister, mi amor. He looks up to you. You can teach him things"
Veronica explains. She plays with her daughter's hair and slowly rocks her from side to side.

"Does Freddie even like me?"

"Of course he does honey. He loves you"

"How do you know?" Valerie asks and wipes her tears away.

"He told me"

Valerie laughs "Freddie can't talk mommy"

"Okay you're right" Veronica giggles "but I know he does just like I know that you love him too"

"I do"

"See, mommy knows everything"

Valerie giggles. She snuggles further into Veronica's chest. "I don't hate you" she whispers.

"Huh?"

"Earlier I said that I hate you but I don't. I love you mommy"

"I love you too baby"

"Can we go back? I want to hold Freddie"

"Of course my love"

Valerie crawls out of Veronica's lap and then out of her bed. She runs into the living room. Veronica giggles before she follows her daughter.
She sees how Valerie sits down on the couch next to Archie. He carefully lays the little boy into her sister's arms.
"Hello little Freddie, I love you" Valerie giggles. She leans down and places a soft kiss on his forehead.

Archie smiles. He looks up to Veronica and gestures her over. As soon as she's close enough, he grabs her waist and pulls her onto his lap. He kisses her jaw and then whispers: "thank you"

"For what?"

"For everything. Giving me another chance, saying yes to becoming my wife, for giving me children, for being so amazing, for making my life perfect. I love you so much"

"I love you too Archiekins" she giggles and kisses him lovingly.