the Beggining of Chaos

Start from the beginning

They run up to Ben, but are stopped halfway by Shazam, Robin, and Superboy.

" Ben says it's too dangerous for us to get any nearer. " Shazam says, face serious as he blocks their path.

" All the more reason for us to go and help him! " Flash says, but gets a sword pointed at him by Damian.

" Tt. If Tennyson says we can't handle it, then we can't. I wouldn't be standing here if I didn't take his word for it. "

Batman can't tell if he should be impressed with the amount of trust Robin's showing for Ben or worry for the amount of trust he's showing for Ben.

It's really concerning.

" Is no one else going to direct their attention to the potentially dangerous looking things hovering in the air right above the city? " Booster Gold questions with a hand pointing up to the sky.

" Oh we've got more than just those guys to worry about. " Green Arrow says, directing all attention back to the giant purple vortex where new arrivals are now coming out.

An army of what appears to be animals with mismatched body parts from other animals are marching out in sync.

He's here too? " Ben mutters, words unheard by most but doesn't escape those with super hearing.

" We need to clear the area of civilians. " Batman says as he looks around and sees some civilians still hanging around the area with their phones in hand, recording the entire thing.

They really have no sense of self preservation.

" Ben Tennyson. " A deep, dark voice rings out just as they finish evacuating the civilians, turning back to look at the vortex, their eyes widen as they see a giant high-tech alien looking ship slowly exiting the vortex.

They walk over to the teen hero to get into hearing range, but not too close that Ben will notice and tell them to stay back.

" By order of Lord Vilgax, surrender yourself. "

Eyebrows raise at the unfamiliar name.

Ben simply scoffs as a smirk graces his face, " Like that's ever worked on me. " His tone of voice is normal, but it echoes throughout the empty city and reaches the heroes ears loud and clear.

" Ben's fought this guy before? " Wonder Woman questions.

" And from the looks of it, more than once. " Green Lantern says, impressed and highly concerned with the history between Ben and the one named 'vilgax' on the ship.

And then things just click for Batman.

His unanswered questions on why Ben's been a hero since he was ten.

Why Ben's so experienced despite his young age.

Why he's always so calm under pressure and practically dives head first into danger without any fear.

" Ben Tennyson! I too have come to defeat you at last! " Another voice joins in through the vortex, this time sounding older and higher pitched compared to the previous voice.

" You mean come to lose to me again?  " The smirk on Ben's face grows wider as he retorts to the man.

" Hilarious, but I just so happen to know you are on your lonesome without any of those pesky plumbers nearby. Giving me the perfect opportunity to put an end to you once and for all! " He spits out the word 'plumbers' like it's been a thorn in his side for the longest time.

No other words are exchanged as the giant ship and mutant animal army continues to pass through the vortex.

Ben's mind turn as he mentally shuffles through multiple aliens at once, trying to find the right alien for the job.

Suddenly, " Ben, Ben can you hear me? " A voice belonging to a girl, comes from Ben's watch.

Ben's face lights up as he turns his attention to it, " Gwen! Have I missed your duffus voice. " He says, tone of voice sounding like a greeting but his words throw some of the heroes in a loop.

" So does your mom and dad, both of who you forgot to tell where you'd be going. " His face considerably pales at that, " I'm so dead when I get back. "

" Dude, you'll be lucky if that's all you're getting away with. " A gruff voice joins Gwen, making Ben huff.

" Tell me about it. "

" Uh Ben, " Shazam calls for the teens attention, he turns his head to look at the Demigod, " I don't meant to interrupt your call, but there's a green squid-face alien standing on top of the alien ship looking like he's about to go into war against you. "

He directs Ben's attention back to the giant purple vortex, and immediately sees that the ship is now completely out of the vortex along with the army of mutant animals and alien drones.