Decisions one must make

When the two boys finally stopped, they noticed the unusual silence in the room at last. Looking around, they were surprised to find the Justice league members were observing them......staring. It gave them goosebumps.

" Are you guys done staring now? Your giving me the creeps. " Ben shivers as he wraps his arms around himself to make a point. The heroes immediately looked around their surroundings embarrassed.

Arrow was the first to attempt to break the tension " Oh– Uh.......Bats? Anything to say? " It was obvious he gave up. " What Green Arrow was trying to say was, Ben Tennyson, would you join us and be a member of the Justice League? " Superman cut in for he could feel the eye roll the brooding man was giving to the arrow themed hero under his cowl.

Shazam was practically beaming like the sun when he heard the invitation to Ben to join the team. He looked back to Ben seated to his side, anticipating for his answer.

Ben on the other hand, was as feeling extremely awkward. He was never one to work in a team back on his own Earth. The closest people he would call a  team would be Gwen, Kevin, grandpa Max, and Rook. Maybe Skurd too, even if he left, he was still a partner. A weird one.

Now, stuck between joining the Justice League or going solo, Ben is without a doubt in a pinch.

That's when an idea struck him " On two conditions. " He says to the team. Nodding their head as a signal for him to continue, he does " One: I decide when to go on missions as and when. Two: No one else outside of this room knows my identity. They'll only know that my aliens have joined the Justice league. " The conditions were fair enough, Ben was a teenager after all, he does own a shop outside of other things, and nobody in their team revealed their identity for the sake of protecting their loved ones.

It wasn't long before all the members present nodded their heads in agreement to the teenagers terms. Shazam just sat back and watched the whole while, he wasn't part of the original members so his agreement didn't matter.

Thus, within the span of an hour, Ben was given his own comms to contact the Justice League with and was an officially a member of the league. When everything finally settled down and there was no more surprise attacks, Ben bid his farewells and left the watchtower unnoticed by the rest of the league members.

When everyone resumed their duties In the watchtower, it was only then did Superman notice " Um...Where's Shazam? "

" Lemme guess, you want more fries? " Ben rhetorically asks the red and yellow hero whom had followed him all the way to his apartment he had rented out in Metropolis. Not even waiting for Shazams answer, Ben heads into the kitchen and straight to his fridge to get the ingredients for more fries.

Ten minutes later and a new batch of chilli fries were in Ben's hand while a smoothie was in the other. " Wanna play some sumo slammers? " he asks as he passes the tray of fries to Shazam and taking a seat on the couch.

Shazam stares at the teenager looking a little lost at what was asked " What's sumo slammers? " Mouth gaping open wide enough to catch a fly, Ben refuses to let the hero not know about the awesomeness of the game his been playing since he could remember, not really, but one would get the idea of what he means.

The two immature boys played till late at night where Shazam had to head back before he got into trouble, after sending Shazam off at his doorstep with a couple more trays of chilli fries and smoothies to go. Back in the comfort of his bed, Ben turns in for the night tired out from the day's events.

....

Waking up to the sounds of gunfire and explosions was not something Ben expected. But hen again, based on track records of city attacks and the like, he shouldn't be really surprised.

Looking out his window, he was just in time to see Superman flown out into the air by a punch from a.....was that a monkey?

It was now official, the Justice League were fighting with no keys that could talk. Was Ben weirded out? Possibly. Did he want to help out the heroes? Well.....it didn't really look like they needed help, but the urge to help them was incredibly strong.

" I'll just see who's the mastermind behind these.....apes? Monkeys? Whatever, I'll ask about it later. " with that, he closed the curtains and dialed the omnitrix. Slamming down gently on the watch, the all to familiar bright light surrounded him and the young hero changed forms.

Once the bright light goes down, a kineceleran is shown standing in Ben's place, " XLR8! " he exclaims as he dashes straight out the door and onto the street in the blink of an eye.

Though the moment he steps a foot on the street the figure of Batman flying through the air was what greeted XLR8 first. " Woah there buddy! " He shouts as he runs to catch the bat before he hits the ground hard. The second the Kineceleran catches the man, he places him down and speeds of once again " Gotta go! "

" Was that? " Superman asks as he floats best to Batman, " Yup. " was all the dark knight said in return before kicking a incoming ape in the face. " Is he doing what I thi k he is? " Superman asks once more, " Looking at how he's handled the past few attacks, Definitely. " " Was that Ben? " wonder woman asks through the mind link Martian man hunter established. " Yup. " Superman responds this time, " Well, were almost done here anyways, you guys wanna see what he's doing right about now? " Green arrow asks as he knocks out the last of the apes.

" Race 'ya there! " Flash childishly states before running off into the direction the League's newest addition went.

A/N wishing you A Late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years! 🥳