xvi. cinnamon's wake (𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦)

𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘 ( 𝘱 𝘢 𝘳 𝘵 𝘵 𝘩 𝘳 𝘦 𝘦)

𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘
( 𝘱 𝘢 𝘳 𝘵 𝘵 𝘩 𝘳 𝘦 𝘦)

Rory and Lauren had arrived back home, but were interruped when they saw the Stars Hollow animal ambulance parked on the driveway. The twins rushed to Luke's to get their mother.

"Mom, you'd better come." Rory says, grabbing Lorelai's arm.

"What's wrong?" Lorelai replies worried, turning towards the two girls.

"It's Cinnamon." Rory continues.

The three quickly head home and enter Babette's house. They're met with Babette and Morey staring at a white cloth. Under the white cloth lays the cat, Cinnamon.

"Babette? Honey?" Lorelai softly says, entering the room.

"Oh, Lorelai, come in. Come in." Babette tells the visitors.

"She's gone. Cinnamon's gone." Babette manages to get out while crying.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Is there anything we can do for you, Morey?" Rory suggests, taking a place on the couch.

"This is life, Rory -- It breaks your heart." Morey plainly replies, staring aimlessly in front of him.

"She looked like she was sleeping. I thought she was asleep, so I nudged her, and she didn't wake. I gave her a push, and she rolled of the couch, and since I just waxed the floor, she went shootin' across the room. When she knocked over the lamp, and still didn't move I knew it was over." Babette tells the guests.

"Oh god, my baby." Babette whimpers, looking at the floor.

"Tell me it wasn't the -" Morey stammers, not finishing his sentence.

"Oh Morey, don't do this to yourself. He thinks it was the clams."

"She saw me eating them. She gave me that Hey, what's up look -"

"It wasn't the clams. Morey, in human years, this cat was 260 years old." The doctor informs the couple.

"That's a good long life." Lorelai comforts, earning a nod of agreement from Lauren.

"Let me take her to the van, and then I'll get out of your way." The doctor tells.

"Oh no stay - all of you, please stay." Babette pleaded. "Cinnamon would want you here."