Bjorn shook his head and turned to his father, a look on his face Ragnar had never seen on his son before. "I believe I love her."

Ragnar's smile faded and he sighed. "Then that is your first mistake," He told Bjorn, who scoffed and stood up before storming off.

____

  It was evening time and in Ashton, Ylva was sitting at one of the many tables in the Great Hall with her brothers. Just then, the doors opened and Ylva's eyes widened, watching as Bjorn, of all people, entered.

She sighed, an uneasy look on her face. She turned her head, relieved to see Erik too busy to be talking to some woman to pay attention to her. She turned and exchanged a look with Sihtric, who had a calm expression on his face.

"Get rid of him before Erik sees," He mouthed to her and Ylva nodded before she walked over to Bjorn.

She grabbed him by the arm and pulled him toward the door, an uneasy look on her face. "You shouldn't be here," She told him in a low tone.

"You left without saying goodbye," Bjorn complained as he gave Ylva a weird look, "I had to see you."

"I'm sorry. I was in a hurry. I had to return here," She informed him, despite a part of it being a lie. She only left Kattegat because of Erik.

As she led him toward the door, Ylva avoided eye contact with him, unable to bring herself to look him in the eye. "Why won't you talk to me?"

"Because there is not much to say," She replied quickly as she stepped back and away from him a bit before he could see the bruises on her face.

"We have everything to say to each other," Bjorn argued as he pulled her back toward him. However, a small gasp escaped his lips the moment he noticed the bruises on her face. He sighed softly, lightly brushing his fingers over the bruises on her face, "Did he do this to you?"

"It doesn't matter," Ylva argued as she turned her head to the side.

"Of course it matters," Bjorn argued back in a stern tone.

Ylva sighed, shaking her head in disagreement. "It doesn't because I've already handled it."

Hearing Ylva's words, Bjorn immediately frowned in concern. "What did you do?" She asked her in a hushed tone.

"I don't believe you want to know," Ylva replied in a calm tone.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Ylva sighed, leaning closer to Bjorn. "Because you would never look at me the same way," She informed him lowly.

"What did you do, Ylva?" He asked her in concerned.

"I chopped the head of his lover and delivered it to his bed," She informed him, causing Bjorn's eyes to widen in shock, "I see the way you look at me. You believe me to be this helpless girl who can't defend myself, but I'm anything but."

"I know that and that's why I like you, Ylva," Bjorn complained and Ylva sighed as she glanced around.

"Anyone who grows to care about me never seems to live long," Ylva replied in a calm tone.

"I'm not just anybody, Ylva," Bjorn reminded her as he grabbed her hand. He leaned closer to her, on the verge of kissing her when Ylva pulled away. He looked down at her, an aggravated look on his face, "Why are you so difficult?"

"If you don't like it, leave," She snapped at him in a low tone.

Bjorn frowned at her, only to watch as she gestured toward the door. Just then, he watched as she walked toward the door and went outside. He glanced around, only to see that many people had been staring at them and that is why she didn't want to be there.