V2 Ch10: "Reconnaissance"

Start from the beginning

Oobleck: "The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves, but it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures!"

Surprising most, Ruby interjects.

Ruby: "Mountain Glenn."

Yang: "That's right! It was an expansion of Vale... but in the end it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city."

Y/n: "Damn..."

Oobleck: "Correct! And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder."

Seemingly catching on to where Oobleck was going, Blake speaks.

Blake: "And a likely place for a hideout..."

With another push of his glasses, Oobleck smiles in a way that could only be described as mischievious.

Oobleck: "Precisely!"

Almost as if summoned through conversation, a large destroyed city barrels into view through the bullheads open side doors. The entire ruin, rusted, faded and broken, only serves to add an almost foreboding feeling.

Aside from the Grimm, which are barely even alive...the entire city was completely, utterly, dead. This, was Mountain Glenn

Y/n: "Well, aint no time like the present!"

Wasting no time as the Bullhead began to hover above the ground, Oobleck and RWBY leap from the side door, all landing with weapons drawn, save for Y/n who was wielding his large revolver, and a semi-auto pistol. Oobleck simply held his thermos in hand. His casual demeanor quickly vanishes however as he stores the thermos in his pack, and stands before the group of students.

Oobleck: "Children! While you may still be students, today your first mission as huntsman and huntresses begins! From this moment forward, you need to do exactly as I say! Understand?"

Receiving silent nods of understanding, his attention very suddenly diverts to Ruby.

"Ruby! I do believe i told you to leave all your bags at school!"

Realizing she's been called out, Ruby shifts nervously in place as she responds to the historian.

Ruby: "But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet! So...I didnt."

Oobleck seems almost in thought of his response before he resumes.

Oobleck: "She's not wrong...very well then, leave it here and we shall retrieve it upon our return."

Ruby: "But I, well...uh..."

Seeming to grow frustrated with Ruby's reluctance to leave the backpack, he outbursts slightly.