Careful What You Wish For...

Cast of Characters: 

Dark Queen of the Fairies, Lady Luck: Luck is ageless and mischievous. In addition to this, she has red eyes, long black hair that’s usually tied back for the most part, but lets loose her bangs in front of her left red eye, Fair skin, slender, and a height of 5’3. Has an enchanting voice to cast spells. Can shrink in size or grow to human size at will. Has glitter glow emanating from skin in the night. 

Alaina Osmond: Her physical characteristics include green eyes, brown hair, 4’9 in height, white skin, 21 years old and still unmarried. 

Alan Osmond: Step-brother to Alaina. He’s 6’4 in height, athletic, and intelligent. Alan is 18 years old. 

Lord Bourne Osmond: He owns the family business, and is the head of the Osmond family, he is Alaina’s father. 5’4 in height, 42 years old. 

Melody Wright: Friend to Alaina and Alan but she lives somewhat in poverty. She is 25 years old, Black hair, brown eyes, fair complexion. She is married and has 2 kids. 

Brandon: Friend to Alaina 

Beth: Friend of the Osmonds, wife to Brandon. 

Jones Mcguire: 20 years old, handsome, lives in poverty, a thief. 

Christopher Mahoon: 22 years old. 

Jenny Mcquire: 21 years old in all scenes except Act 5, last scene. She is Jones’s wife. 

Fairies: The faithful minions and partners in mischief with Lady Luck. They are dressed fancifully, with pixie-like appearances and with a glitter glow that emanates from their skin at night. Also, like lady luck, they can change their size at will. 

Setting: 

Time: 1601 A.D. Place: London Countryside, Great Britain. 3 

ACT 1, SCENE 1: AT A FORMAL CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE OSMONDS 

MANSION, SEATED AT A TABLE. 

BRANDON:Alaina, at least consider his offer. Think of how this arrangement could be benefit you as well as your family! 

ALAINA:Ha! Are you hearing yourself? Arrangement, you say! A marriage proposal is hardly ever as simple as that! Marriage is a matter of love, and I do not love the man. 

BETH:But there are many admirable traits about him! I really can’t comprehend why your dislike for him is so great. Why, what more could a woman ask for than for a husband to be a complete gentleman and for his love to be pure? He reminds me much of Brandon when I first met him. 

BRANDON: You flatter me, Beth! But when you say ‘when I first met him’, do you mean that I am not a gentleman to you even now as I speak? 

BETH: Oh heavens no, Brandon. You misunderstand! I mean that you are that in the present as well. 

Brandon: Ah, but of course. Speaking of which, here he comes now. Alaina, do try to be civil around him. I believe he has genuine interest in you. 

ALAINA: His interest in me won’t be reciprocated. He should run off with his tail between his legs like a mongrel from the streets before I beat him off with a stick. 

BRANDON: How very cruel you are! Keep up that attitude and no one will even come close to you. Very well, it’s getting late and time for us to go. Beth, I’ll be waiting for you outside in the carriage. Alaina, please give my regards to your brother when he returns. (Puts on coat and leaves)

BETH:Oh Alaina, you’re quite impossible. 

ALAINA:Whose side are you on, Beth? 

BETH:On yours, of course! Do you doubt me? I’m only thinking of your well being… but Brandon’s right, it’s your choice to make.