Meeting him

A/N
This will switch between 1st and 3rd person, I hope it doesn't confuse you too much. Also I haven't seen the film in a while so if I miss anything out or get things wrong I'm so sorry.

3rd person
Charlie stood in front of the grand factory, giddy with excitement. His heart raced and butterflies fluttered in his stomach like caged birds. He was so happy he was doing this! He drew in a careful breath and took in his surroundings. His grandfather loomed over him, tall and bony and the other four winners stood next to him. The snow dampened his trousers but he didn't care. Sheets of ice clung to the gates, glittering like sequins. Charlie imagined touching it and his finger getting stuck to it.
"Please enter ." Spoke a voice, Charlie stretched his neck, hoping to see Willy Wonka all he saw was the slightly melting snow in the distance. He couldn't help but feel a twang if disappointment until the mystery voice spoke again.
"Come forward."
Charlie found it extremely hard not to untangle his fingers from his grandfather's hand and run straight to the door.
"Close the gates." The voice boomed
The winners trudged through the snow
"Who am I, well..." The voice said teasingly
Charlie watched in awe as some puppets sprang to life and sang a song. A golden chair rose up from the ground but no one sat in it. The disappointment he felt yet again turned into shock and fear as the dolls caught fire. His eyes widened as the orange tongues licked the singing puppets and they fell to the floor. Clapping was heard from the end of line.
"Wasn't that just magnificent?" The man asked. Charlie loved his voice, it rang through his ears as sweetly and pleasantly as honey. His brain urged the clapping man to speak again.
"I thought it was getting a little dodgy round the middle part, but that finale... wow!"
Hastily,the man walked up to the front and Charlie was greeted with the most beautiful man he had ever seen.
A/N
Tell me if this is rubbish, I'm sorry if it is but also tell me if you want an update. All feedback really means the world
Thanks for reading this