⤿ 40 | a missing friend !

Start from the beginning

the place had about 50 people, all males, and all wearing the same black leather jacket which also meant a pledge of loyalty to the group.

everyone was facing forward where a single empty chair was placed at, waiting for their boss to attend the meeting.

vernon nudged wonwoo.
'you know, your brown-haired friend?'

wonwoo rolled his eyes.
'oh wow vernon, great description. there's totally only one brown-haired dude in the group.'
he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

vernon sighed.
'you better call him quick, you know no one is allowed to arrive later than bossman, he'll kill him.'

wonwoo glared at vernon, hiding his worry for that certain brown-haired friend of his he had just beaten up last weekend.

'he won't kill him, he'll just be—'

'yeah, severely punished and bossman will probably go after every single one of his loved ones.'
vernon said, both sarcastically and seriously at the same time.

wonwoo elbowed vernon as vernon frowned at him and was about to throw hands when the person in front of them told them to shut up.

'shut up, he's here.'
he said, as he quickly turned to face the front without waiting for wonwoo's and vernon's response.

wonwoo gulped as he straightened himself as both vernon and himself looked towards the door where they knew he would enter from.

almost immediately, a man wearing a black, long cloak that covered even his foot. he wore a white, creepy-looking mask to cover his face.

he walked towards his seat which was placed right in front of the entire group as he proceeded to sit down.

vernon leaned slightly towards wonwoo and whispered:

'don't you ever wonder how bossman never trips over his own cloak? i mean look at how long that shit is—'

he didn't finish his sentence when wonwoo harshly nudged him and told him to shut up.

vernon scoffed and frowned as he turned back to face forward.

the group's leader sat on his chair without saying a word, as he scanned the people in front of him, behind his mysterious-looking, white mask.

he has always wore his signature white mask whenever he attended group meetings. for some reason, he has never revealed his identity to any of the group members. even the members who were higher in rank and served as a direct messenger for the boss, have no clue about the face behind that mask.

'where's jeon?'
the boss' voice suddenly pierced through the dead silent room, no one ever dared to talk before the boss did.

vernon looked at wonwoo nervously as wonwoo gulped and tried to maintain a straight face as much as possible.

the intimidating, masked man made eye contact with wonwoo, as wonwoo quickly shifted his eyes away and looked down.

the boss smirked under his mask as he noticed wonwoo's uneasiness.

'wonwoo, care to explain why jeon isn't here? didn't i give you specific instruction to get him here at any cause?'
he said menacingly, and wonwoo knew he was pissed even though he couldn't see his facial expression under that mask.