39- DO YOU GUYS PRAY?

Start from the beginning

Either way, Tobias Graham had ordered another five boxes of pizza while we were all in the middle of an argument with Cory and his team trying to justify the fact that they were glaringly more hungry than TJ, Theresa and me.

When I had asked him why he had done that, he had claimed he didn't like arguments. But Theresa's small smile to his response made me know that he actually cared beneath the whole facade.

Anyway, this evening had been fun. Surprisingly, or probably not, since only God knew what went on when I wasn't at home, Tobias had spent the evening in our house. He didn't say much unless he had a mini banter with his friends or a whisper session with Theresa. I had monitored his every move, but so far he didn't seem to mean any harm. Plus he even smirked once or twice at my reactions as I did his.

But just when I thought I would finally have a peaceful night, Crystal had messaged our group chat that she and Cecilia would be coming over to my house in an hour time for a sleepover! Lucas and Shayne had been jealous, vowing to have a boys night out sooner than we expected. I had snorted.

I couldn't refuse my friends, especially Crystal. So I made sure to inform Theresa, much to her excitement and Cory, much to his disappointment of having more girls in the house. Melody simply shrugged and made her way to bed.

I decided to make some pancakes before they arrived. My phone rang as soon as I got out the flour. It was Shayne requesting a facetime.

"Hey Shayne." I greeted, holding up my phone so he could see me well.

"Hi Samuel!" I decided not to react since I knew he wanted one. He squinted his eyes. "Is that an apron you got on? What are you making?"

"Pancakes. Why did you call?" Shayne feigned a hurt face.

"Must there be a reason to call? Did you just say pancakes?" He sat up on his bed.

"Everyone calls for a reason, Shayne. Even if it's just to say hi!" I said, pointedly. "And yes, I did remember mentioning pancakes." Shayne pouted.

"You girls are mean!"

"Sorry, papa bear, maybe next time?" Shayne barked out a laugh.

"Papa bear? Really, Sam?" I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"Whatever." I muttered. "Gotta go!" I could hear someone call Shayne at the background. It was the voice of an old woman, making Shayne a bit distracted.

"Yeah. Um, great. Talk to you later, Sam!" Then he ended the call. I frowned as I thought about his reaction. He had seemed a bit off.

"I should probably call tomorrow or pay him a visit." I muttered to myself. It was then I realized I didn't know where Shayne lived.

Or anything else about him!

***

"Yay!" Crystal and Cecilia yelled together, as they attacked me with hugs, as soon as I brought in some more pancakes. Cory gave me a salute as he received his share as well.

Surprisingly, my brother had been accommodating and even seemed to bond well with Crystal. Which I didn't know whether to be wary of. Currently, they were both playing FIFA and Cory was leading Crystal by a goal.

Cecilia, Theresa and I decided to watch some cooking videos on YouTube. My pancakes had come out more successful than I had planned, so I felt a need to add to my cooking abilities.

As soon as it was 11 o'clock, Theresa shooed us to bed, much to the shock of Crystal. She definitely wasn't used to being "shooed".

I had had a good laugh!