34- DON'T THINK! RUN!

Hola! This is definitely the longest chapter I've written so far ;)... Enjoy!!!

34- DON'T THINK! RUN!

"Do not break down that door!" That was Theresa. Someone scoffed.

"We can't wait all day for her to come out!" Crystal insisted. 'Her' was me who was currently locked up in the bathroom!

I had woken up today by the barging into my room of Theresa, Cecilia and Crystal who had proceeded to yank the bed covers off my body. Apparently, they had come to 'bundle me to school' which I had refused to attend for the past two days, because I had suddenly developed a fever. It was not a coincidence with who I saw on Tuesday. I had developed a fever!

Since they wouldn't hear me out until I had taken a bath, I had plodded to the bathroom and remained there! I wasn't ready to go back to school, neither was I ready to face that mole uniformed dude! They had no right to force me to! So there I remained, hoping they would leave me alone.

"Sam, come on. Please." Cecilia pleaded against the door of the bathroom.

"Theresa, listen to me! I'd pay for the damages, I promise. Let us break down this door!" Crystal literally pleaded. It seemed like she was more interested in breaking down the door. Theresa however didn't find her interest mutual.

"Never!" She said. Crystal sighed heavily. I heard footsteps, then,

"Sam, do not anticipate what I have planned for you when you finally come out of that bathroom!" Crystal promised. I chuckled lightly. She was something else. I couldn't hear what ensued between them after that because they spoke in low voices.

However, I counted as I waited to hear something. It wasn't so long until I heard the sound of a revving engine. I waited some more before finally unlocking the door.

I peeked cautiously into the room to find no one. I heaved a sigh of relief. I admit that went easier than I had expected. I know they are only concerned but that didn't make anything better. Right now, I was going through a lot more than the fever. In fact, the fever wasn't even there anymore. That was probably why they had wanted me back at school immediately. But I couldn't. Not yet.

I never thought I would see Carlos ever again, let's alone, attend the same school with him. Carlos de la Cruz was a lot of things to me, but especially my ex-boyfriend whom I had stupidly fallen for and who had taken advantage of my vulnerability.

I officially met Carlos at the beginning of tenth grade in BETH high, Boise, Idaho. I had often seen him around but our paths had never crossed because he was a jock, until that day. Many love stories had happened by people bumping into 'that person'. But my doom story had started like that. And I regret every single moment of it!

I regret bumping into Carlos. I regret getting carried away by his 'charms'. I regret exchanging contacts with him. I regret hanging out with him. I regret being his girlfriend. I regret every physical thing we did together. I regret getting emotionally attached to him! I regret knowing Carlos de la Cruz existed!

The only thing I'm glad about is that I didn't give him my virginity. Everyday when I take my bath, I give thanks to God for saving me from utter destruction.

Carlos had played me. He had callously taken advantage of the fact that I was grieving my mum! I had done a lot of physical things with him contrary to my belief. I had allowed him to get into my head and envelope my entire being to the extent that I was 'ready' to give my body to him. And I would have on that fateful day!