16- EVERYTHING'S FINE!

So sorryyyy for the late update! :(

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" I panicked as I unconsciously bent to pick up the broken glasses. I paused as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't. There's nothing you can do." I heard Shayne say, his voice tight. I stared at the broken picture and I couldn't help but agree with him. The picture was made of glass and it had been shattered to pieces! I straightened up and turned my head to see his blue eyes, void of emotion and I felt my world shatter to pieces. "That was the last of her framed glass pictures."

Oh God! What have I done?

"Shayne, I'm s-"

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Caleb yelled, launching himself at me. Before I could process what was happening, I was slammed against the chest, my backpack pressing against my back, as Caleb's fingers came around my neck, strangling me.

I couldn't believe it! What was his problem? I reasoned as I gasped for air. Technically, it was his fault for startling me with that deep voice of his! I should be the one strangling him! But I thought the opposite as I stared into Caleb's green eyes. He was in another world. There was a mixture of anger, rage, hurt, defeat, sadness, worry and grief in his eyes. That picture really meant something to them!

"Caleb stop this!" Ryan yelled as he pried him off me. I sunk to my knees as I coughed uncontrollably. I didn't even want to imagine the bruise that would appear on my neck afterwards. I could hear the sound of Caleb's heavy breathing.

"Get out!" Ryan said. I looked up, rubbing my neck with tears rolling down my face, to see the boys staring at me, with no emotion. Well, except Caleb. He looked like he just had few seconds left before he would pounce on me again. So I got up and made my way to the door.

I paused as soon as I got to the door. I turned back to see all their gazes on the shattered pictures and I burst into more tears.

"I'm sorry!" I said and sprinted out of the underground house, more tears rolling down my face. I didn't know exactly why I was crying but I knew it also had something to do with mum. I could relate with losing something as precious as a picture of a dead loved one. I had lost the precious silver bracelet mum had given me for my tenth birthday! 

I hurried to the school's parking lot when I realized I didn't have a ride. I groaned.

I had told Paul this morning that he wouldn't need to pick me up after school since Caleb had texted me this morning that I was going to "work as hell". I don't even want to imagine what he'd do now that he was angry.

I chuckled lightly as I remembered the interrogation with Theresa, TJ, Paul and my dad. I had escaped being grounded as a punishment from them when I proved to them I was actually with 'friends'. I had called Ethan! And that had been it!

I was debating within me whether I should call Paul or just wait for the boys to come out of the school's building when I heard a tiny voice.

"Hey Sam!" I whirled around to see Cece standing behind me, looking flushed.

"Hey Cece." I said as I took in her present state. Her red hair was disheveled and her cheeks were flushed red. The first two buttons of her uniform shirt were open and if her lips hadn't been intact, one would think she had just arrived from a make out session.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked instead of replying her.