Hayley?

AN/ warning the second paragraph has suicidal thoughts/actions. It may be triggering but it's just a warning.

Elizabeth's Pov.

I had been alone for three weeks. Those zombies or whatever they are were nasty creatures. Dozens attacked me but I was able to survive. Living in the trees was a help. Dusk till mourning I spent in the trees the rest of the day I spent running.

As far as I knew there was no one else out there. One night in a deep part of the woods I made a fire. Took out my gun made sure safety was off and ammo was in. Held it to my head cried and cried, I was about to pull the trigger. Then a girl started screaming, "Don't do it put the gun down!" I put it down and looked at her, "Hayley?" She looked me in the face, "Elizabeth?" I nodded, she hugged me and I hugged back. "Come on let's go to my camp."

Hayley led me through the woods to a fence. "Gale open up it's Hayley and we have a guest!" She yelled over the fence. It opened a man with brown curly hair and a light beard appeared. "Well come on in!" He shouted at us he had a bit of a country/southern accent. We walked in and I introduced myself to everyone and they did the same there was Gale, Max, Samantha(Sam), Amy, Anne, and Jake. We talked for awhile then Hayley led me to her tent for bed.

She turned a lantern on and we sat in the tent. I couldn't help but touch her beautiful face. Even though I could tell she had been through rough times since the last time I saw her, she was still just as beautiful. She looked at me with sad eyes. "I suppose you don't know what happened." "I know the world ended." She gave me a sad smile. "Yeah, some company was experimenting with a virus and then it got lose." She was choking back tears. "Then people started dying, and turning into those things and killing more people. We all carry the virus that's what I know. We have to survive. I lost my parents the day that virus spread and my brother got bite the week after then I stumbled upon these people we made our camp and well you get the rest."

So she lost everyone her parents and her brother. She had tears running down her face. I hugged her close I was happy to know she was alive. And I wanted her to know I would be here to comfort her. "The worst part is I thought I lost you." She choked out while I held her. "I will stay with you as long as I can I promise nothing will keep me away from you, I'll always be here."

She looked up at me and smiled. I knew I had to tell her. "I have something to tell you, something I wanted to tell you the day I got stabbed." She nodded and looked at me to continue. "I'm in love with you." She looked at me like she didn't understand.

"I'm a lesbian, I have been in love with you for months. You are beautiful and I want you to be mine." She looked at me. "I am yours I like you a lot too. That day you got stabbed I realized I was in love with you." She looked at me, we both leaned in.

Our lips touched and I realized how much we truly did love each other. My right arm was around her neck and my other in her hair. Hers were around my waist. We broke apart and stared in each other's eyes.

After a few minutes we laid down. I held her in my arms and we both fell asleep. I knew we would be alright as long as we were alive and together we would make it in this world and stay alright.