In the begining

AN/ Hi thank you for reading I hope you like this new story of mine. Enjoy.

Elizabeth Pov. Flashback

Growing up was hard for me. I never had many friends. Going to school was one of the worst things for me, the only bright side was I got to see HER. I'm a closet lesbian and I was in love with the most beautiful girl, though she didn't know it. Her name is Hayley. She had beautiful blonde hair, and forest green eyes she is drop dead gorgeous, but not everyone saw her that way.

I remember the day I was gonna tell her my feelings for her. It was spring in our 9th grade year. We were at our fourth period class like normal. I was about to tell her I liked her but then a man with a knife burst in the classroom. He killed the teacher and then told the students to get on the ground course most of them didn't listen. Five of the fifteen students in the room got killed.

I was right next to Hayley I held her hand, she was shaking so hard. The man come over pulled us to our feet. He put her still, raised his knife and took it down to her. Only I pushed her back and stood in front of it. It hit straight in the gut. I bled right away and fell on my back the man went over to other students and left me there.

Hayley came to my side and she told me, "It's gonna be okay you'll make it out. You're a strong person I won't leave your side you'll be alright." The sun hit her face from the window her eyes were full of tears but I kept looking at her and finally I was able to say something, "Hayley if I... if I die there is a note in my backpack open it everything you need to know is there." I touched her face, "know if I die I'll be grateful you stayed with me and if there is something after this I'll watch over you." She hugged me tight and cried I stroked her hair. That was when we heard the sirens. Police and ambulances arrived I looked at her and said, "stay with me as long as you can." I blacked out as soon as I was taken to the ambulance.

When I woke up I saw dead bodies lined up outside the hospital. I knew zombies were out there. At that moment I knew almost everything I loved was gone. I went to my home grabbed a baseball bat my dad had, a suitcase filled with clothes and a backpack with food. I left found a gun shop and grabbed a gun with all the ammo I could find. That was when I saw my first zombie. I hit that thing in the skull with the bat as hard as I could and it went down.

I prayed someone was out there willing to help me, someone who would take me in and survive in this awful world. Little did I know that, that prayer would be answered.