Prolouge

{3rd person POV}

A women was carrying a basket, she looked back and gasp, starting to run. She made it up to a cave and left the basket, continuing to run. She looked back and said,

"I will always love you, Aliyah."

The child began to wake up, moving around in the basket. Eventually beginning to wail, that's when two badger moles came out. They looked in the basket, sniffing around since they're blind. The child began to giggle.

The basket was picked up and brought into the cave. The child was given berries and nuts. As time went on the child began to develop earth-bending. The moles taught the child to use the sense of touch to strengthen it (just like Toph). From time to time, the child would go into town with her green scarf. The scarf had her name written on it. The townsfolk called her by that and she in the end learned her name.

Years have passed and Lin came to a village. There were reports of bandits. Turns out, it was wrong. She passed by a cave on her way out. Suddenly a pillar came out, Lin got ready to attack, getting into a stance. The pillars continued yet it seemed like it wasn't aiming for anything in particular, eventually the culprit came out. A three year old girl.

 A three year old girl

"Huh. A kid did all of this." Lin said to no one in particular. She then got down to Aliyah's level and said, "Hey kid, where are your parents? What's your name at least."

"Aliyah! Aliyah!." The kid said happily

"No parents, huh?" Lin said to herself.  "You got spunk, why don't you come with me?" Lin asked Aliyah with an open hand.

Aliyah hesitates but slowly grabs Lin's hand. Before she left Aliyah walked to the cave. She bended the earth and made a mini-statue of herself, she pushed it towards the opening. The badger-moles sniffed and cuddled the girl one last time before taking the statue and disappearing.  Aliyah ran back to Lin, who picked her up and left.

Aliyah was brought to the temple, where she met Jinora, and her soon to be cousins and Aunts.