Chapter 13

{Aliyah's POV}

After the initial day of training with Bolin, Korra joined us. She caught on much quicker than Bolin, which disheartened Bolin. Opal managed to cheer him up. So sad that she was leaving today.

We were seated around the table, having one last meal together, even though there was still tension. The chef came out with all of Opal's favorite food. She would constantly compliment chef.

"Ah, Opal how I'm going to miss you when you leave." The Chef said placing a few more dishes.

I turned to my side facing Kai and continued to eat at a normal pace. I couldn't say that for Kai, who was stuffing his cheeks with food. He turned to me and smiled. For some reason it reminded me of an otter-penguin, and I bursted out giggling.

{3rd person POV}

{3rd person POV}

Kai was confused to why Aliyah was laughing but happy nonetheless. He enjoyed every time Aliyah smiled or laughed. It made him feel, weird inside but he liked it. Soon Aliyah was finished with her giggling fit and looked straight Kai.

She cupped both of his cheeks in her hand and said. "If you keep this up, I'll end up calling you an otter-penguin."

Kai blushed but still smiled. Nodding he responded, "That's fine by me."

Aliyah turned her attention back to her food, slipping some to Indri occasionally. Kai still felt a bit weird went back to eating, this time at a normal pace.

Opal and Bolin, the only two who were paying attention were extremely happy at the scene that unfolded. Both of them thought of Aliyah and Kai as their younger siblings.

Soon after eating Opal was about to embark with Kai and Jinora back to the Southern Air Temple.

{Aliyah's POV}

I hugged Opal tight. "I'll miss you."

"So will I, but keep your chin up. We'll be back together in no time." Opal responded happily.

I left Opal to say goodbye to the others and walked over to Kai. I gave a bashful smile.

"Kai." I adverted my eyes and continued. "I need to ask a favor."

"Sure, what is it?"

"I need you to help Opal around the temple. Keep her out of trouble and help her with airbending. And to make sure that she's comfortable. And—"

Kai cut me off with a hug. "I promise to help Opal anyway I can, for you." He said, continuing to hug me. I didn't pick up the last part because he whispered it, brushing it off as a nervous mutter.

Kai broke the hug and entered the train, waving to me one last time. Soon Jinora and Opal joined them leaving me with the rest of the Avatar.

 Soon Jinora and Opal joined them leaving me with the rest of the Avatar