Epilouge

Yang POV

Timeskip 10 years later

     Team RWBY finally defeated Salem and brought an actual peace to Remnant, however there are still Grimm around so all the Huntsman academies were restablished and are accepting anyone willing to try. I have been taking some contracts, but most of my days were spent at home raising (Y/n), also Blake and I decided to get married, awesome. Today though, is (Y/n)'s 16th birthday, time certainly flies when you're raising a child, but it's been the best years of my life even when I was away from him, he would always be on my mind. He finally figured out his Semblance and he can turn his body into organic steel, Jaune compared it to a comic book character or something, I don't know. He can still move freely in this form and has near invulnerability and increased strength. I am preparing his birthday cake and start looking back on our happy memories.

Flashback Start

Yang: What's your name?

(Y/n): (Y/n).

Yang: I really like that name.

New Flashback

Yang: Just watch the sun.

(Y/n): *amazed* Wow.

New Flashback

(Y/n): Mommy!

Yang: Get away from my baby!

New Flashback

(Y/n): I love you, Mommy.

Yang: I love you too, (Y/n).

Flashback End

     I wipe away a tear as I sift through the memories, I hear the sound of rushing feet coming down the stairs and see (Y/n)'s two 12 year old sisters, Lillie and Yin, rush into the room.

Yang: What's going on you two?

Lillie: (Y/n) should be on his way home from school, soon.

Yang: Right then, Lillie can you help your mom with the last of the food?

Lillie: *salutes playfully* Yes Ma'am!

Yang: *giggles* Yin, where is-

Yin: It's in the closet next to the shoes box.

Yang: That's my girl.

     Just then Ruby and the rest of our friends arrive, except Oscar because he has to run the school, and help finish the surprise party.

(Y/n) POV

     I am walking up the drive, exhausted from a day of training at Signal and just wanted to relax with my moms and sisters. I walk in through the front door and-

Everyone: SURPRISE!

(Y/n): Ahhh! What on earth is this?!

Yin: A surprise party, duh!

(Y/n): Huh?

Lillie: Happy Birthday, big brother!

     The surprise finally sinks in.

(Y/n): Aww, everyone. You didn't need to do this.

Blake: Of course we did, (Y/n). Yang wouldn't settle for anything less.

(Y/n): That sounds like Mom.

Yang: Hey! Why not start things off with a Yang, huh!

Everyone: *groans*

     With that nasty pun out of the way, everyone started digging in and conversing with one another. Nora and Ren have their second kid on the way, Jaune and Pyrrha are expecting their first and Ruby and Weiss are trying to handle 4 kids of various ages, oh boy that sounds like a headache. Grandpa showed up as well and gave me some tips about my fighting style. Jaune gave me some comic books, Nora and Ren gave me a survival kit, Pyrrha gave me a small picture book with old photos from when I was a kid and there's still room for more. Aunt Ruby, being a weapon nut, gave me a combat knife, some grenades and two pistols. Aunt Weiss, went a little more elegant, and gave me a necklace with the team RWBY symbol on it. Yin and Lillie gave me their presents, which were two armoured gauntlets, a little like Mom's. Mama Blake, gave me some books for whenever I felt bored at Beacon. And Mom, she got me a combat outfit based off a design I made when I was 12, and I was impressed, I actually start tearing up.

(Y/n): Thanks everyone, really. *sniffles*

Jaune: Ah come on, don't go getting teary eyed on us tough guy.

Yin: Big brother gets best from us!

Lillie: Yeah!

     Everyone got some laughs out of that and everyone continued having a great time until nightfall. Ruby and Weiss left first since they lived in Atlas, everyone else left a little later but all in all, a really good day. I am helping put dirty dishes away and Mama Blake wished me another happy birthday before she went to put Yin and Lillie to bed. Mom and I just grabbed a drink from the fridge and talked a little while longer.

Yang: Did you have a good day, son?

(Y/n): Yeah, I did.

Yang: Alright, what's troubling you?

(Y/n): What?

Yang: Don't play dumb with me. I'm your mother, I can always tell when something's troubling you.

(Y/n): I guess I was just thinking about how my life could've ended up way different than what I have now. Do I really deserve this?

Yang: Of course you desrve this, you were in a household where no one cared about you, but I saved you that day because I did care. I wanted to help you whatever it took to make that happen.

(Y/n): And you did and I've been far less grateful than I should've been, but-

     Mom cuts me off by pulling me into a tight hug and I can feel the meaning behind it, she loves me, no matter how many times we yelled or when I got into trouble or we both lost our temper.

Yang: You are my son and I will never stop loving you, no matter what.

(Y/n): I will always love you too, Mom.

     With that I head to bed and tell my sisters goodnight, as I go to my room, Mom passes by heading to her and Blake's room.

(Y/n): Goodnight, Mom.

Yang: Goodnight, Son.

(Y/n): I love you.

Yang: I love you too, (Y/n).

(A/N): Aww, *sniffles* that's beautiful. Hmm, oh crap! I didn't see you all still here.

       Um, thank you all for reading this latest installment, if you liked this story and want to see more stories from me in the future, consider following this account so you never miss any new content from me. Also check out the rest of my stories maybe you'll find something you like. Thank you for your support and have an awesome day. PEACE OUT!!!