𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔴𝔬

Start from the beginning

"Alright," Bai declared. "What do we do now? Cetaria is like what? 50 miles?"

Morana nodded. "We won't make it on foot. The Righteous One's evil will find someone else to replace me soon. We have to move quickly."

"Therondia is three miles away," Darron chimed in. "I'm sure Aramina would spare us horses again."

"Lead the way. We must keep moving."

It only took about an hour until the ten of them reached the gates of Therondia. Darron had recognized both of the guardsmen that were overly excited by their arrival, thinking that they were successful in the journey to Nukpana but that was still rather debatable. Darron quickly settled their eagerness and was able to get them to Aramina and Edaneus quickly.

"You have returned!" Aramina cheered. "By my word we shall host the grandest feast ever seen in any kingdom to celebrate."

"Aramina-"

"The bands have already begun preparations! My parents will be thrilled to meet you, they just arrived home only moments ago. I'll fetch them for you myself!"

"Aramina!"

"Oh, yes. Yes, what can I do for the heroes of my kingdom?" She smiled, but it soon faded when her eyes shifted to Morana. "Who is this?"

Darron hesitated. "It's uh- Morana?"

The expression of pure horror suddenly fell upon Aramina's face. "What?!"

Darron grabbed her shoulders. "Aramina, I need you to listen to me. I don't have time to explain anything but we need horses."

"Why would I-"

"Aramina, please. Evil still hangs over this world and we need your help."

Aramina's stare was enough to burn a hole through Morana's figure, but she complied. "Edmund will take you to the stables."

Darron nodded his head in gratitude. "Thank you. I promise, our debt to you will be repaid."

As ordered, Edmund led them to the stables and helped them acquire ten horses for their travels. The ten of them saddled up their horses as quickly as possible and swung themselves up onto the saddles. Kai was the last to finish saddling up, but before he could hoist himself up onto the horse, he heard a voice call out his name. Kai's foot slipped out of the stirrup and he turned to see Jerret standing ahead with a smile of pure joy.

"You returned," Jerret spoke sweetly while he approached Kai.

Kai took in a deep breath in an attempt to settle the nervousness that was building up inside him and walked towards him. When the two met, both of Kai's hands grabbed the sides of Jerret's face and pressed his lips to his in a passionate kiss. Jerret pushed himself closer, his lips curling up into a smile. Kai pulled away, their foreheads now resting against each other.

"And that's for if I don't return again," Kai breathed.

Jerret pulled away and looked up at the boy. Kai could see the sadness that was creeping within Jerret's eyes. Kai's hands fell from Jerret's face to grab one of his hands, then pecking a soft kiss to his knuckles. Jerret's heart slowly sunk to his feet, but he understood. He didn't know what he understood exactly...but he knew he did. That was enough.

Kai's hand slipped away from Jerret's as he turned away to return to his friends. Andrea didn't even notice the tears that were sliding down her cheek until Kai grinned at her. She quickly wiped them away and gave him a thumbs up.

"So proud," she half sobbed.

Kai lifted himself up onto his horse and extended his hand out to Andrea for her to squeeze. The others looked over their shoulders to smile at him.