Fixed match

Ray POV:
It was the next day after the entrance exams for the soccer team and I was currently in my chemistry class, which has just ended. Our science teacher decide to give us homework despite only being in the school for a day. After class, I packed my things and headed to the soccer club. I completely ignored Tsurugi, who kept on stealing curious glances at me - I don't want to deal with him right now. As I was going, I met Tenma, Aoi and shinsuke on the way, so we jogged together to the club room. At first it was empty but in no-time the club room started to fill up. We were proudly given our jerseys and had to re-introduce ourselves to the team as our senpais this the same.
_________________________________________

I remember this episode back at home, basically we would be having a practice match against Eito Academy. However their is a twist to that, the game was set at a loss for Raimon whilst the apposing team got a favour of 3-0. Well that was thanks to fifth sector...

"What's going on?" Tenma asked gazing at the faces of his senpais, who were talking to the coach in front of the door.

"We have a practice match against Eito academy" Our captain simply replied but their was more to it and I knew what.

Tenma and Shinsuke were excited as ever but I already knew, how the match was going to turn out and I didn't like it at all.

"Senpai lets do our best" Tenma determined.

"You guys will be playing to you know" Otonashi-sensei said.

"Ehh?!" Both Shinsuke and Tenma said.

"It's only natural you would play because without you two we wouldn't be able to play a match because every team needs at least 11 players" I explained.

"That makes sense" Tenma stated.

"Ray you will be benched for now" the coach said as I nodded.

To be fair I didn't really care if I was benched that just means I have a good view of the game and their plays.

_________________________________________

Ray POV:
It was currently match day and we all arrived at the stadium, were we got warmed up and had some water. Tenma and Shinsuke were nervous but also very excited and energetic, whilst I looked over at the opposite team who were staring at me, I squint my eyes at them slightly before retracting my gaze. My raven purple hair was in a high messy bun, whilst I wore my Raimon uniform and sat comfortably on the bench. Tsurugi was one seat away from me and he was just smirking like an idiot, "Quit smirking like that, it makes you look retarded" I snickered at

He glared at me and I went over to him and flicked his forehead.

"What was that for, have a death wish?" He demanded.

"If you glare like that, you'll look like you have a bipolar disorder. One minute you smile the next you glare plus you can also have a high chance of early age wrinkles." I retorted waving my index finger as I spit out pure facts.

"Mind your business" he hissed.

"Now your acting like a cat" I teased as he scowls at me, sighing and looking somewhere else.

"Are you going to give me the silent treatment now" I pouted as he just ignored my existence.

"Well that's no fun" I shrugged and looked to see the match just starting.

I already knew what was going to happen from the watching this episode, it was actually called 'fixed match'. The first half resumed with the Raimon players 'fighting back' whereas the other team was in the offence, but it was obviously all an act. I narrowed my eyes when I saw Sangokun-senpai letting the goal in net! I knew it was going to happen but watching it live made my blood boil. Soon they scored another point and the first half was over,

"Nice act out there" Tsurugi mocked.

"You got to shut up" I hissed.

Everyone was taking a break from the first half preparing for the second, I could tell that Tenma had realised that they were holding back.

"Why are you playing like that?!" Tenma exclaimed with slight rage and confusion.

Tenma and the Captain went rambling on about what had happen out their, until Otonashi-sensei spoke up.

"It's 'ok' to lose" she was slightly shaking in anger.

I decided to step in and tell them what she meant.

"You guys know fifth sector right?" I assumed.

"Yeah they are the ones who are in charge of soccer" Aoi explained.

"Not quite, they also are in charge of how soccer should be managed meaning that they choose the scores for every team." I was interrupted by Tenma.

"Why would they do that?" He demanded.

"Because of their so-called 'order' if they want their managed soccer to go on, they will use any means to bring down the old soccer we knew, starting from Raimon" I explained as they looked at me shocked.

"That means this match is all fixed" Midori hissed and I nodded.

"She right Raimon is meant to lose 3-0 to Eito academy" Otonashi-sensei continued.

"So Ray you knew all along" Tenma spoke with disbelief.

"I did but I didn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin your spirit" I lightly shrugged.

"Only a little amount of people know about the truth about soccer these days" Otonashi-sensei said.
_________________________________________

The match resumed and Tenma was stood stiff on the ground pitch, not moving and not communicating.

"Seems he learned his place" Tsurugi smirked.

"But you haven't learnt yours" I muttered knowing full well that at some point Tsurugi would rebel against fifth sector.

"What did you say?" He glared.

"Nothing" I smiled as he looked at me weirdly and looked away with scoff.

Tsurugi POV:

"What did you say?" I glared at her.

She just turned towards me and said "nothing" then smiled. Honestly speaking her smile was really... pretty...what am I thinking, I must be sick.

The match was going as planned until Matsukaze Tenma decided to move. I looked over at Ray and saw her looking at the pitch like she knew it going to happen with a triumphant smirk. The match finished up with Raimon actually scoring a goal by the stupidity of Shindou the captain.

__________________________________________

Ray POV:
The match ended with what I had expected and the coach was going to resign. Before the coach was about to leave he stopped and talked to me.

"So coach your leaving?" I asked.

"I am Ray" he simply said.

"Well I know for sure that we'll see each other again" I smiled as he smiled back.

"I want you protect the soccer club and make sure they don't break" he warned.

"I promise that I will fulfil your request" I saluted as he nodded and went away.

Shindou-san came out of know where and demanded to know where the coach had gone, I told him and he ran off looking for him.