Chapter 55: Birthdays and Nationals

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Chord. It's a part of life. Well, you know that but...you know what I mean!" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I know. I love you Mercedes."

"I love you too baby Chord." She kissed him.

 TIME SKIP

The next day

The boys birthday

The morning of Chord and Sam's birthday, Brenda and Mercedes got up early, meaning 7 am, and started making the cake. They both liked chocolate and regular vanilla flavored cake, so they made a big rectangular cake. They made two sheets of vanilla and two sheets of chocolate and used butter cream icing to make the fondant stay on the cake. Their favorite color was blue so they used blue fondant. They had made sure to keep them up late so that they'd sleep longer and that they would have time to do the cake, and decorate the living room and kitchen. By the time they had everything finished, it was 10 o'clock and they were both hot and had tape, icing, sugar, anything you could imagine stuck in their hair. While Mary took a shower, they sat in the kitchen and talked.

"So, what happened between you and Chord last night? I fell asleep during that, but I woke up again." Brenda asked. Mercedes laughed

"Well, after Jake asked me if I was to heavy for him, and Chord told him off, I took him in the kitchen and gave him this huge speech about how I've always been a big girl and picked on my whole life. By the end of it we were both crying." Brenda smiled sadly.

"He is so sweet though." She said. Mercedes nodded." Him and Sam really are a lot alike, I mean, they are brothers after all but you know what I mean."She nodded."Sam was really upset last night."

"I could tell. He and Chord show their emotions pretty similarly." Brenda nodded.

"But, as soon as I said something about chocolate covered crackers, he lit up like a damn light bulb." Mercedes started laughing, which made Brenda start laughing. A little while later, once they were both clean and had makeup on and had their actually party clothes on, everyone started getting there. They're going to have a party with just cake here then go celebrate at Jumping' Jays. Then they're going to the outside ice skating ring and skate. Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, everyone was coming home for their birthday. By the time everyone was there, Sam and Chord were awake and coming down the stage. When they saw them coming down the stairs, they yelled loudly,

"Happy birthday!" They jumped and yelped at the same time, nearly falling down the steps.

"Good god, don't do that!" They both exclaimed, at the exact same time. Chord stepped down and stepped on a chew toy, and fell. He hit the step hard on his butt. Some of the guys snorted, trying not to laugh. Chord picked up the chew toy and threw it somewhere.

"I officially hate stairs." He mumbled and stood up. He made his way down the stairs, making sure he didn't step on anymore chew toys and plopped on the couch. Sam followed his lead after kissing Brenda quickly.

"What is with you two?" Quinn asked as everyone sat down. They shrugged.

"What's today?" Sam asked. Brenda and Mercedes looked at each other.

"The 17th, your birthday remember?" Mercedes answered.

"Oh, okay." It took them a few seconds to realize what she said.

"Holy hell I'm getting old." Sam groaned, smacking his head.

"I feel old, especially since my ass seriously hurts after falling on the stairs."Chord said.

I'll Love You Every Step Of The WayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara