Chapter 40

There is a time skip in this chapter. Sam already took his test, which had been moved up to October 31st( Halloween!) And football tryouts won't be in it, but know he is quarterback and captain of the team. He will be getting his test scores soon.

Novermber 3rd, Monday

Sam's POV

"Alright guys! This week is a little bit different!" Mr. Schue said when everyone was in the choir room.

"What?" We chorused.

"This weeks assignment is for only two people."

"Why?" Some of us groaned.

"Because they are two people whose full voices haven't been heard."

"What do you mean, Mr. Schue?" Rory asked.

"It means we haven't heard the best of their voice. Like, how powerful, how soft, and the emotion they put in the words while they're singing."

"Well who is it then?" Melody asked, impatient.

"Sam and Brenda."

"Damn." I mumbled. Brenda snorted beside me. I looked at her." Why?" I whined.

"I know how soft your voice can get Sam, which may sound kind of weird, but it's true.  But, I don't know how powerful your voice can get, and the emotions in your voice when you sing. As for Brenda, she has emotion in every song she sings, she has a powerful voice." I raised an eyebrow."Don't look at me like that, it's freaking me out."Mr. Schue said." Anyway, you two have until Wednesday to sing something. Sam, come up here and tell them why." I hopped down the steps and sat on a stool, which Mr. Schue had just got off of, sitting where I had been. I clapped my hands.

"Alright so, I'm gonna be like Mr. Schue for a minute here." Everyone laughed." Next week, on Tuesday, is Veterans day, and it's also early dismissal, but were having a pep rally instead of actual school, which is awesome." I got side tracked for a second and started rambling on and on about it." Anyway, Principal Figgins wants us to perform a couple of songs, and I'll be singing three songs. 'Welcome Home' is for Mrs. Johnson's husband, who hasn't seen her in 18 months, and is coming home that day." Some of the girls awed." Then I'm singing 'Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue', and then an original called 'This war'." ('This war is actually Chord Overstreet's original song that he performed for Cory at one of his concerts.) "And we're obviously gonna sing the National Anthem together." I finished. Everyone started talking loudly until I stuck my fingers in my mouth and whistled as loud as I could.

"Ow, was that really necessary?" Chord asked, glaring at me.

"Sorry bro." I replied." Anyway, who else wants to sing?"

"I'll sing Proud To Be An American. Only if Chord sings it with me." Chord looked at her at the exact same time I did.

"Why?"

" Because I want to." She said matter of factly. He raised his hands and said,

"Okay..." She hopped up and ran over to him and kissed him on the cheek. Then she sat on my lap and kissed my cheek too.

"Can you sing your original?" Mr. Schue asked. Brenda laughed sarcastically.

"He won't let me hear it, let alone any one else." She said, playfully glaring at me.

"I heard it!" Chord said. Brenda looked at me, then him, then me again, then him again. She threw a ball, which I have no clue where she got it from, at him.

"You totally just lost sex for the rest of the week." She whispered in my ear. My eyes widened. I picked up another ball that was on the floor and threw it at Chord.