✧It Ends Tonight✧

Start from the beginning

"You're-," Kate breathed out, look up at Derek with wide eyes. "You were dead."

"No," Derek shook his head, a vague smirk on his lips. "I was evolving, something you'll never do."

A berserker charged Derek but I felt no worry towards my friend. I had a feeling deep inside that told me he was more than capable of taking care of himself, even against something as monstrous as a berserker.

And he did take care of himself just fine. He grabbed the skull of the berserker, making the creature freeze, probably in fear. Then, Derek somehow tore the skull off with his two bare hands, the rest of the monster being reduced to an explosion of dirt.

With Derek being distracted, Kate began to get up. She looked at Derek who was still unaware of her getting to her feet and I knew I couldn't just watch.

"No!" I shouted, but the word came out quite hoarsely. Most people were too distracted to listen to a feeble girl like me, but it didn't matter. As the word left my mouth, Kate was shot backwards, falling to the ground once again.

With wide eyes I looked at what I had done. I could feel Deputy Parrish looking down to me but I couldn't quite meet his gaze. All I knew was that I'd done it again. Somehow, the elements bent at my will and it made me feel powerful. I had moved someone without touching them and that was not natural.

Not sure what had happened to her, Kate began scrambling to her feet but this time she didn't quite make it. A shot rang out through the silence at a powerful bullet made contact with Kate Argent, knocking her to the ground.

She looked up fearfully to the person who had fired the gun.

"Chris?"

Everything froze as the two Argent's stared at each other. I looked down, knowing this was all a family matter now and, thankfully, I was not part of that family. Kate retreated into the building and Chris chased after her. Nobody did anything else, it was all down to Chris.

"Charlotte?" Jordan Parrish gently grabbed my elbow to get my attention. "What did you just do?"

Slowly, I shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Well, what are you?"

"I have no idea," I repeated quietly. I thought I was just a normal teenage girl with a past full of demons but it turns out, maybe their was a demon of some sort inside of me.

Jordan released my elbow and nodded slowly, know all too well what it was like for someone to not know what's going on with themselves. As far as I know, what Jordan Parrish was is still a mystery to the world.

Since there were no more questions coming from the deputy, I turned to look at Derek, the friend I thought I had lost. His gaze had been waiting for mine and when they met, he smiled proudly. As a Calavera gave him some clothes to put on, my feet began moving towards him. By the time he had pants on I had tackled him in a hug.

Tears had formed again and began falling shamelessly from my eyes. Thankfully, this time they were tears of joy.

"I thought you were dead, Der." I murmured, trying not to notice how sweaty his chest was as my head rested on it.

I can easily count the times I'd gotten a hug from Derek on my hands and this time was definitely the tightest. A chuckle rumbled through him as he pulled me even closer, his head easily resting on top of mine.

"So did I," He admitted quietly.

"Charlotte, Derek!" Voices shouted.

We pulled away to look up at those who'd called us. Coming out of the church's ruins was Liam, Kira, Malia, and then Stiles and Scott who were carrying a seemingly unconscious Peter Hale.