✧Werewolf Strength✧

Chapter 12- Werewolf Strength

"Hey, guys," I called out to them, as looked at the text message on my screen, "Lydia just sent me a text, she broke another third of the code."

"Am I on it?" Liam asked immediately.

"No," I said with relief when I didn't see the name Liam Dunbar appears on the list. But then I saw a different name that I had not suspected, "But someone else is."

"Who?" Both Scott and Kira asked.

I slowly looked over to them, "Brett."

By this point Brett was no longer on the field. His injury had been so severe that he'd been taken inside to get it looked at.

"Maybe Garrett got him," Stiles realized, "You know, like he stabbed Brett with his little freak show lacrosse stick instead of Liam."

"Then I need to go find Brett," Scott declared ever so valiantly as he pushed us away so he could head into the school building.

"Wait, Scott," I told him as I began heading after him. I've seen enough happen at these lacrosse games to be worried about Scott going in alone. Scott getting murdered by assassins is not something I want to see after all we've gone through.

"Char, hold up," Stiles said as he pulled me back gently, "We can't all go or else it would look suspicious."

"I can't let him go in alone, not after what Gerard almost did to Isaac last year," I looked up into the Hazel eyes of the older boy who looked a bit shaken by what I said, "And I know you of all people would remember that."

"Charlotte," Liam spoke gently as he took a step closer to me and gently brushed his fingers against mine. I didn't realize how much my heart was racing until Liam laced our fingers together and helped calm it down. "Scott's going to be okay."

"Look, Char, if it makes you feel better I'll go check on him but you guys should stay here and keep an eye on everything," Stiles decided as he gave me a soft pat on the shoulder accompanied by a kind smile. I slowly nodded at my friend, knowing he'd be more helpful to Scott then I would.

"They'll be fine," Liam assured me as I watched Stiles rush off in the direction Scott had gone.

I looked up at Liam and nodded slowly as I moved even closer to Liam. I couldn't concentrate on the game because my head was just spinning with all the possible outcomes that could happen to Scott and Stiles. It was impossible for me to not be afraid for them and I couldn't help the fact that I was shaking with fear. What if Garrett wanted this to happen and had something bigger planned.

"Everything is going to be okay," Liam was foolish enough to promise, still obviously new with all of this. I didn't look up at him but allowed him to exchange us holding hands for his arm to be draped around my shoulder. His gear that he still had on prodded me ever so slightly but I didn't mind, I just leaned into Liam and let him comfort me.

Suddenly I remembered that I had left Mason and the girl with a flower name. I turned to look back at the bleachers to see that Mason was sitting alone for some reason. I gave him a small smile, suddenly feeling very self-conscious about the intimacy between Liam and me. I bit the inside of my cheek in hopes that it would tame the blush that was surely taking over my cheeks.

Then I turned back to see what was happening on the field only to see Garrett walking slowly past Liam and I. I felt Liam's arm tighten around me and I quickly looked away from Garrett. I shouldn't be afraid of him since there's no way I would be on the hit list but I just couldn't help it.

Something in my brain clicked all of a sudden as I remembered the night of the party. I had seen Garrett there with the girl who had sat next to Mason. And then I swear I had seen the two of them walking around school together.