7: lost hope

you seemed really lost. you kept on thinking, why do they have to lie about it? you would've understood. yet, they chose to lie. i know that there's a reason behind it.. but still. it doesn't change the fact that they lied.

as you were in your bed, staring blankly at the wall, you reached out for your phone. you were supposed to text Mingyu and tell him about it... but chose not to.

"i'll just act as if i don't know a thing. i would wait until they'll be the ones to tell me the truth. and if not... i don't know what to do after that..", you thought.

it's been a month since you're here in Korea. and it's been 2 weeks since you last saw your friends. Woozi kept on texting you, but it's not out of the ordinary. but you can't seem to reply. why you ask? at the back of your head, you kept on thinking... they're idols. what if someone knew you had contact with them? you don't want to ruin their image nor their reputation. so you chose to distance yourself. even towards celeb 5 you became distant.

you'll meet up with Jieun in a few hours. you also haven't kept in contact with Jieun either. she was busy with her art exhibition so you haven't been talking for awhile now. while you were getting changed, Jieun messaged you.

while you were headed towards your car, a few reporters dashed towards you

Reporter-nim1: excuse me, are you the girl who's with Seventeen's Woozi the other week?

Reporter-nim2: can you tell us your name?

you panicked. all of a sudden these reports knows who you are... you don't want to trouble Seventeen so you kept your mouth shut.

: no. i don't know who you're talking about. please excuse me, i'm in a hurry.

when you finally got inside your car, you drive away the crowd.

"what was that all about? talk about privacy jeez. what's up with those people.", you thought.

after an hour of driving, you finally reached the art exhibition near Hongdae.

(on the phone)
: unnie. i'll just park the car then i'm on my way there. be there in 5 mins.

Jieun: Mingyu's outside the venue. i'll tell him to wait for you.

you were supposed to turn down the offer of having Mingyu wait for you. but, you didn't want to look or sound suspicious, so you just agreed. you were walking down the street, then you saw some familiar faces. Soonyoung, Cheol, and Mingyu was there. i mean, what do you expect? it was Jieun's first art exhibition, of course they'll attend.

"okay, Aera. calm down. just act normal. just say you've been busy that's why you haven't kept in contact for weeks. okay you're almost there. keep your composure.", you said to yourself.

Soonyoung: Aera!! /he leaned in to hug you

all of a sudden Soonyoung hugged you. to your surprise, you took a step back. which made it look as if it made you uncomfortable. you suddenly noticed how you were avoiding his hug.. and then it got awkward. Mingyu noticed it right away so he tried to hug you also.