Chapter 16 - Fantastic! Brilliant! And Incredible!

J A C K

"Okay... where exactly are we?" Elsa asked, glancing around. Jack shrugged. Being airborne was his job, so he flew up and started scouting.

Bad idea.

A helicopter nearly slammed into him.

"Get them!" a guy who looked like a mix between Hulk and Captain America roared, running around atop a train.

"I don't even have my super suit!" Another guy shouted.

"I'll handle it!" A woman hollered, and... reached her arm all the way to the freaking helicopter, catching it midair.

Jack grinned. So he ran into them extra early.

"Metroville, and just on time to catch some superheroes in the act." Jack grinned as he descended to the sidewalk Elsa was on. She was leaning on the lamp post.

"Awesome." she sighed.

"You okay?"

"Duh." Elsa took a step onward, and she may have done a good job hiding it, but Jack had seen plenty of wars to catch that limp in her walk.

But then, making a big deal out of it would only annoy her.

So Jack shrugged and walked along with her.

Naturally, they got stuck at the intersection, missing the chance to cross. Jack sighed as he glared at the traffic light. Elsa plain looked confused, what with the eye narrowing and all.

"Wait. Why can't we cross the road?"

"Because it's green lights for cars. Which means that it's red lights for us." Jack explained, only to receive a blank look from Elsa. Oh right. She doesn't know what red lights and green lights signify.

"You know what? I'll ask that later. How about you just fly and follow them? You're probably invisible to them, and maybe if you follow them, we can find a way to convince them to join our side?"

"I think that's called stalking."

"Oh," Elsa muttered. "That's something bad, right?" 

"Yeah.... I'll do it anyway," Jack shrugged. Then he started flying upwards.

"Hey, wait!" Elsa exclaimed.

"What is it?"

"Where are we going to meet?"

Good question.

"Um... here?"

"Okay..." Elsa glanced at the street sign, and Jack ended up doing the same thing.

777th street.

"Okay. 777th street it is." Jack flew up again.

"Good luck," Elsa muttered, and Jack wasn't sure if he'd heard it right, but oh well.

Jack followed the ice trails that the super suit-less guy left.

Oh, that guy was going to get the surprise of his life.

V I O L E T

It was an okay day.

Like, Dash was only a bit annoying, and Tony (A/N: Rydinger, not Stark) was taking her out on a movie date.

So of course, something had to go sour.

Like that cold breeze that made her regret wearing skirts instead of pants.

Or the frozen ground that made her nearly perform an A class slapstick in front of Tony.