《22》Luck.

I woke up as early as five o'clock to get ready to leave for aunt Hannah's house. My parents were up and were getting ready to leave for work. I quietly had my bath and waited for them to leave before I embarked on my three hour trip. My aunt had sent the money few hours after our call.

After my parents left, I went to my brother's room to tell him I was leaving for a week.

"Hey James, wake up." I tapped him softly.

"What? why? I don't have anything to do today." He grumbled and turned the other way to continue sleeping.

"I know but I have something to tell you."

"You like bothering me. What do you want?" He complained.

"I'm leaving for a week. I'm going to see someone."

"Who?" He asked curiously and groggily opened his eyes.

"You don't need to know. If mum and dad ask, tell them I went to visit a friend and I'd be back on Saturday." I informed him.

"On Saturday? That's a whole week. You would be in a lot of trouble when you get back." He exclaimed.

"I know but the trouble would be worth it when I get back. Just tell them what I asked you to say. Don't say more than that." I ordered.

"Okay ma. You can go. Leave me to enjoy my sleep." He muttered.

"Alright, I will see you soon. Take care of yourself and remember, don't say what I didn't ask you to say." I kissed his forehead and then left.

A long and tiresome journey awaited me.

I huffed as I stepped out of the gate. I wasn't doing anything wrong but I felt very uneasy.

It was my future and I was the only one who decided what happened to me. And since my parents were refusing to support me, I was going to find help somewhere else.

Walking out of my street, I approached the junction where the ATM was. I had to wait for six people before I finally got cash to withdraw. Exhausted, I left my area to the bus park. I got to the bus park ten minutes to seven, spent almost an hour waiting for the bus to get filled before we left for Ibadan, the capital city of Oyo state.

The trip took roughly three hours. I alighted from the bus as I got to her bus stop. I looked around at the familiar surroundings, nothing had changed. I walked to her house even though I was supposed to get a bike. I was rehearsing how pathetic I would make myself look, so she would be moved with compassion for me.

I recited what I was going to say like I was auditioning for a movie, making sure every line sounded more pathetic than the other. To be honest, I was really miserable and in dire need of help. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't know I had turned onto the wrong street until I looked up and saw that the houses didn't look familiar.

I quickly turned back and retraced my steps to the nearest street sign I could remember. I quickly called my aunt to ask for the correct directions because the longer I stayed on the street, the more the sun was threatening to cook me.

"Hello ma, I think I've lost my way." I exclaimed hysterically as she picked.

"Where are you?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm not really sure but I can see a street sign that says Silver street."

"You are at the right place. Come down the street to number sixteen."

"Oh, okay. I'm on my way." I disconnected the phone and puffed.

Thank God.

I walked down the street and got to the house with the number sixteen on it. I knocked on the gate.