Chapter 1

'Crap!' I thought as I sprinted through the streets of Japan.

School has just closed for summer break as I find myself running desperately towards the library with expired books on my hand. Hoping and praying that I'll make it in time before it ends up closing.

I finally made it to my destination as by a stroke of luck, the library was fortunately still open.

I heavily sighed in relief as I enter the the building and greated the librarian "Hi Ms.Tanaka." I greeted her "Oh! Angle, you're just in time, I was worried that you wouldn't have made it here for a moment, yet here you are." She said with a smile as I put my books in the 'Drop Off' box. "Thanks I still can't believe it myself." I joked. Ms. Tanaka lightly chuckled as she turned towards her computer and looked at the time "We still have at least an hour before closing time, so if you want, you can still go check out a book." she told me "Really? Thanks." I said happily.

I walked towards the Fantasy section of the library as I began scanning the different books before me, when a certain one caught my eye. 'What is this?' I thought as I picked up the book, it was an ancient looking book that looked like it came out from the medieval times, as the cover was a dirty red and the title faded with the words "The Legend of the Five Great Hero's".

'Interesting ' I thought as I looked at the back to see what it was about but saw nothing. Then I notice the spine of the book I was holding and it had no library tag on it.

'That's strange, no background and no library tag. Maybe Ms.Tanaka accidentally placed it here instead of putting it in the lost and found.' I thought

"Um....excuse me!" I called as I approached the checkout desk. "Yes?" Ms. Tanaka ask as I approach her.

"Well, I found a book that had no library tag and no background in the Fantasy section so I was wondering if anyone had left this behind." I asked

"Hmm...Well that's strange I don't recall putting this in the Fantasy section, in fact I don't remember ever seeing this book until now." she said with a small frown " Really?" I asked slightly confused

"Indeed, are you sure you didn't see anyone leave this behind?" She ask as she picks up the book to examine it "Nope, I just saw it on the shelf and thought you might have an idea on who it might belong too." I told her "Sorry dear, but I'm afraid I don't." She said with an apologetic smile.

"It's alright." I said with a small frown before an idea came to mind "Actually, I was also wondering if I could borrow the book for a bit." I ask her "Oh? And why is that?" She asked with a raised eyebrow "I'm just really curious on what it's about, and since it seem like it doesn't have an owner. I thought it would be okay for me to keep it a bit." I explained

She was silent for a bit before nodding in agreement "I don't see why not, though if someone does come looking for it. I want you to give it back to them okay?"

I beemed at her, happy that she agreed with me "Of course, thank to so much Ms.Tanaka!" I said as I began to exit the library. "Your welcome Angle, and have a great day." she said before I close the door.