The One That Got Away (BakuDeku)

This is gonna be some heavy angst. So yeah. Warning.

Deku POV

Today was my wedding day, I was officially married to Shoto Todoroki. I was a Todoroki. But for some reason I just wasn't happy. I knew the reason. That reason was Kacchan.

I was born with a hidden quirk, that didn't manifest until I was eighteen. It allowed me to see who my soulmate was, it connected me and them with a red string.

A string that only I could see. When it manifested I followed it only to see it tied to Kacchan's finger. And Kacchan was talking to Kirishima. Everything I was once called came flooding back.

Worthless

Pathetic 

Useless

Loser

Stupid

Kacchan had said all these things. He apologized years later, and I forgave him. But there was no way that he would want to be with me. Heck, he couldn't even see the string. So I cut the string.

It hung off my finger, a constant reminder of the one that got away. Years later I was marrying Todoroki, and Kacchan was married to Kirishima and they had a child. Me and Todoroki were sitting next to each other, happily eating our wedding dinner.

About an hour later I got up to use the restroom. I heard sobbing. I cautiously opened the door to reveal Kacchan crying over the sink. "What's wrong, Kacchan?" I said, walking up to him. He just turned away.

"I'm glad that your happy." He said, not letting me see his face. I moved so I was standing in front of him. He had tears rolling down his face, and he looked pale. "What do I have to do with any of this?" I asked confused.

He slammed his hands down on the sink counter. "I can't believe I did that." He sobbed, leaning down again. "What did you do, Kacchan?" He glared, at me clearly angry. "I cut the string." He said looking down.

"What string?" I asked confused. "Our String, Izuku." My blood ran cold, he knew? But he never mentioned it. My stomache plunged. He must really hate me if he cut the string, I did the right thing. He did the right thing. 

"I-I cut the string too." I stuttered out. He laughed. "Good." My head dropped. "I knew you wouldn't want to be with me." I said, as all the heartache came tearing back. And on my wedding night.

"What?" He said, grabbing my shoulders. "Your thought I wouldn't want to be with you?" He asked, as another wave of tears rolled down my face. I hesitantly nodded my head. He kicked the wall.

"Dammit!" He scream. I pulled him away from the wall. "Kacchan, why are you so angry? I realized you wouldn't want me, and you realized that too." He turned to me. "No Izuku, I cut the string because I thought you wouldn't want me." 

"Wh- what?" I asked, as I felt despair set in. "One day this red string showed up, while I was talking to Kirishima. I saw you about to cut it, so I cut it at the same time." He looked down. "I-I thought since you were cutting the string you didn't want me."

We both cut the string, because we thought the other didn't want us. And after all these years of moving on, and dealing with the heartbreak. We both had to watch as the other fell in love with someone else.

All those feelingsI had came festering up to the surface. "B-but we can be together.  You have a child and me and Todoroki are married." I stuttered out. I did love Todoroki. But I always knew Kacchan the one. Todoroki was the reality. And Kacchan was the fantasy. 

After that night me and Kacchan never talked again, not because we were angry. But because we knew if we saw each other even at work, we wouldn't be able to handle it.

So now I'm stuck in a loveless marriage.

If only we had told each other before. Maybe things could have been different.

Author Chan

Real talk: Always tell someone how your feeling, because you only regret the opportunities you don't take. This was a heavy thing, I just did this, because I didn't want to update my other book. Anyways Requests are still open. UwU.