Chunin Exams Part 8

Start from the beginning

"Five Pronged Seal!" the ninja yelled and slammed the flaming hand against the Nine Tails seal.

The blood curdling scream that Naruto let out shook Sakura to the bone. He was in pain! They had to do something!

"SASUKE! SNAP OUT OF IT! THAT NINJA IS HURTING NARUTO! HE'S IN PAIN!" Sakura screamed at her teammate.

Naruto's seal now had five new markings around it, Sakura couldn't see whether they had damaged her teammate or not. But it was more than likely that nothing this snake lady was going to do would be beneficial to them.

All the previous fight had completely gone from Naruto, his eyes shifted back to their normal blue. His body sagged, completely exhausted.

"Hmm. One day this boy will merge with the demons power. He may harness it and become formidable or the demon will kill him. Either way he is of no use to me now" the grass ninja decided and flung Naruto into the air behind him.

There's no way he'll make that fall. The jump is dangerous, right past that snake thing but I can't just let him fall! Sakura thought as she jumped from her branch to catch Naruto.

Oddly enough, the grass ninja did nothing but her eyes remained trained on Sasuke. Sakura caught Naruto and carefully lay him down on the nearest branch.

What is with this lady/thing? It's been after Sasuke ever since this fight started? Why is she so interested in him? She didn't move a muscle to try and stop me!Sakura wondered.

Sasuke was vaguely conscious of the fact that he was facing off alone against the snake ninja. But all he could hear was that voice in his head. Him, the one he longed to kill. Telling him he wasn't strong enough and to run and save his own life. He couldn't take it!

"NO!" Sasuke yelled loudly, finally snapping out of his frozen trance. His Sharingan activated automatically as he made eye contact with the grass ninja.

"Finally, his Uchiha blood has come to the boil. I can almost taste it!" the grass ninja thought.

"Sasuke! You okay?" Sakura asked, relieved he seemed to be back to normal.

"Yeah I'm fine. Stay there and take care of Naruto!" Sasuke called back.

"But are you-"

"I can handle this! Just stay with him and keep him safe!" Sasuke cut her off and whipped out a kunai.

Sakura conceded, of course someone had to stay with Naruto. But she couldn't deny the awful feeling she had in the pit of her stomach. This snake woman wanted something from Sasuke, she had an interest in him and that couldn't be good.

"Of course. How could I have been so foolish? If I can't face this demon how can I face my brother!? I have to protect my teammates!" Sasuke thought to himself and ran forward.

The grass ninja had made the snake disappear and wore an amused smile as Sasuke came running. He jumped into the air and threw the kunai that he had drawn as well as a few others; the grass ninja easily dodged them. Sasuke wasn't done.

Using the nearest tree as a spring board, he decided to go into close range combat. Aiming several kicks in the air, Sasuke attempted to land one on the ninja's face. But the snake lady was quick and blocked it. The Uchiha boy flipped backwards and both ninja ran at each other again quickly.

The combat moves were so quick Sakura could barely see it all, but Sasuke's sharingan allowed him to read the moves coming. Neither the grass ninja nor Sasuke himself had taken a hit yet.

The snake lady jumped into the air and began to travel around the enclosed space of forest at a dizzying speed. Twisting and turning in and out of the branches. Sakura felt dizzy trying to watch but Sasuke could see the moves and moved before the ninja could strike.