Chapter Thirty-Six: Caveman

Okay, I'm back :) I felt terrible knowing I wasn't publishing any chapters, so I re-installed Wattpad XD

But I really don't know for how long...but one thing I'm half-sure about, is when I've finished TBND I'm quitting Wattpad for good.

****

Louis Partridge as Arturo Bianchi <3

****

Chapter Thirty-Six: Caveman

I watched curiously as Mason and some other people from the beer pong table explained to me the basic rules of the game.

I didn't really feel like playing beer pong, but it was either that, or joining the group of kids at the corner of Mason's game room, that were either vaping or shoving their tongues down each other's throats.

"...And if their ball lands into one of your cups, you have to drink from it, got it?" Mason's voice caught me off guard. I snapped my eyes from where they were glued to the carpeted floor, to look at him. "Got it."

"Teams?" Mason asked the small group surrounding the table.

A boy with a head full of brown curls that flowed right past his ears, full dark eyebrows, and bright hazel eyes that complimented his tan skin, cleared his throat to gain the group's attention. It was still hard to hear over the loud music that boomed throughout the house.

"How many of us are here?" He asked, and Mason quickly counted the total amount of people around the beer pong table, with his fingers. "Six."

I almost let out a loud groan when I noticed he included me. I know I told him I wanted to play, but in all honesty; I didn't. I just wanted to spend time with him. Of course I wouldn't tell him that, but with the outfit I put on tonight, I at least hoped for him to dance with me. Just once.

The curly-headed boy spoke up again. "Okay, this side of the table versus yours?" He looked at Mason, gesturing to the two other people that stood aside him, on "his part" of the table.

"Great..." Mason trailed, looking at his team members. Me, and a surfer boy I've seen around the corridors of our school. "You're good at beer pong, right?" Mason asked the boy, turning his head to face him. He nodded his head.

"Don't worry about it, dude."

Mason gave him a polite smile, and turned to face me. "You drink, right?"

I shook my head. "Tonight's a first." Mason was just about to say something, when the curly-headed boy from earlier motioned for us to start the game.

As I watched Mason and the surfer dude play, I wasn't surprised to learn that they were both very good at the game. I had little hope that I could probably be good at the game, if I gave it a chance. I mean, I play basketball right? I've got the skills for this game.. right?

Eventually Mason and the surfer dude lost against their opponents, and it was my turn. A laugh almost escaped my mouth, when I discovered I was playing against the curly-headed boy. Ever since his turn, he hasn't lost any games. What change did I have at winning? A big fat zero.

Mason stepped away, so I could stand in front of the beer pong table. The plastic red cups were lined up in a perfect pyramid, on the table. The strong stench of the beer from the cups, made me scrunch my nose in disgust. God, I hated the smell of alcohol.

The curly-headed boy stood behind the table, with a small smile on his face. "You ready?" He asked me, and I nodded my head. Of course I wasn't, but I only said that because I didn't want to make myself out to be a wuss.