Chapter 2: Sun and Moon

Two trainers burst out of the bushes behind Gladion. The boy had black hair, a hat, and wore an identical outfit as Ash. The girl had black hair, a red hat, light green shorts, and a yellow t-shirt.

"Gardevoir, use Psychic." The girl said, Gardevoir flew forwards and quickly ended Scizor. 

"Boltund, Thunderbolt again." The boy said. Next thing you know, Golisopod and Scizor had both been returned by Guzma who had a death-expression on his face. Gesturing to the rest of Team Skull, the leader stalked off into the forest. 

During that time, Gladion had been staring at the two trainers in front of him.

"Who are you?" Gladion demanded, the boy looked surprised for a second.

"Aren't you supposed to say 'thank you'?" He asked, Gladion glared at him.

"I don't remember shouting for help." Gladion replied with a low growl, the boy backed away.

"Look, we heard a racket and----"

"And decided to barge in on someone else's battle?" Gladion finished, interrupting the boy mid-sentence. 

"Who are you?" Gladion asked again, giving both trainers his famous death-glare. 

"I'm Moon, and this is my brother Sun." The girl introduced, gesturing to herself and her brother in turn. 

"We just moved to Alola." She added helpfully, which wasn't so helpful in this case.

Gladion looked over his shoulder at the pokemon. Boltund was running in circles, yapping like a puppy around Lycranroc who looked thoroughly annoyed. Gardevoir and Umbreon were having what looked to be a staring contest. Silvally was gazing at all of them with dissaproval. 

"Whoah, what is  that pokemon?" The boy asked, what was his name again? Sun, right. Sun was pointing at Silvally.

"None of your bussiness." Gladion snapped, causing the boy to recoil. Moon returned her Gardevoir and looked expectantly at Sun to do the same thing.

"Return." Gladion said, throwing out three pokeballs and returning Silvally, Lycanroc, and Zoroark. 

"Umm, aren't you going to tell us what your name is?" Sun asked, looking uncomfortable. Gladion was already starting to walk away. 

"Give me one good reason to." He replied before walking completely out of their sight, leaving the two trainers. 

Hau was taking a stroll through the forest, enjoying the beautiful Alolan sun. He was stopped by the Guardian of Melemele Island. Floating just above the ground, was Tapu Koko. Hau looked at the guardian with his mouth half open, the guardian gazed back calmly.

"Hello?" Hau asked, this was getting awkward. 

How did Ash communicate with the guardian?  Hau wondered, Tapu Koko was staring into his eyes intently. 

"Uh...Do you.....want to battle me?" Hau asked uncertainly. He was expecting Tapu Koko to shake it's head and fly away. The guardian gazed at him for a couple more seconds before nodding solemnly. 

"You're really going to battle me?" Hau asked, his mind was in a whirl of excitement and anticipation. Tapu Koko nodded again.

"Alright! C'mon out Raichu!" Hau cried, tossing out a pokeball. 

After a couple of attacks back and forth, Raichu was knocked out and unable to battle. Sighing, Hau returned the pokemon.

"Thanks, that was a great battle." Hau said, he turned to acknowledge the Island Guardian but Tapu Koko was gone, Hau looked dumbfounded at the place where the pokemon had been two heartbeats ago. A sudden voice cut through the forest.

"What is that guy's problem?" A male voice spoke, making Hau jump a feet into the air.

"You know, not everyone in Alola is agreeable. You've got to understand that." A calm female voice spoke. Hau followed the voice until he saw two trainers walking side-by-side in the forest.

Probably a sister and brother relationship. Hau thought before bouncing forwards to introduce himself.

"Hello! I'm Hau, Hala's grandson." Hau greeted them, the boy smiled at him.

"Hey, I'm Sun and this is my sister Moon." The boy said, Hau grinned.

"What was that guy you were talking about?" Hau asked, tilting his head at the two trainers.

"The thing is, we didn't get his name. But if you really want to know...." Moon started to explain and sighed.

"He had this blond hair covering half of his face, dressed entirely in black---"

"Oh, I know who that is." Hau said, quickly coming to a conclusion. 

"Who?" Moon asked.

"Gladion, the President's son." Hau replied, Sun's jaw hit the ground. 

"The President's son?" Sun echoed, looking bewildered. 

"I know what you're going to say, Gladion is one-of-a-kind." Hau waved a hand at Sun, even Moon looked surprised. 

"What exactly did you say? Gladion isn't that mean unless you truely provoked him." Hau asked, Moon sighed again and glanced at Sun for him to speak.

"Well, we sorta interrupted him in a battle against this Team Skull group of people. Erm...I asked him to thank us for helping him but he just glared at us then walked away..." Sun explained, looking uncomfortable. 

"Wow, you've got the guts. He's second champion of the Alola Pokemon League you know." Hau looked at Sun who looked torn between awestruck and horrified. Meanwhile, Hau had been deep in thought.

I could've been the second champion. I could've fought against The Masked Royal and that purple-haired girl....But I lost to Ash....A Decidueye against a Rowlet. Hau thought bitterly before looking up and giving the trainers a huge smile.

"What did you expect me to say? 'Hey there, you look really mean. I challenge you to a death-battle'?" Sun said enthusiastically while wringing his hands in the air.

"Precisely." Hau replied, nodding his approval. Sun now looked completely horrified, Moon looked....terrified. Wait, is there a difference?

"Anyways, now that you're here...Why don't we have a pokemon battle!" Hau yelled out the last seven words. The two trainers shrugged and held out their pokeballs, Hau grinned.

Published: 2020-07-31
Edited:
Words: