Someone new

I was working on one of the illustrations when someone spoke right behind me.

"Gun?!" 

"Yeah..." I look up from my painting.

"They are here..."

"Really?" I was stunned. "I was so concentrated, that I forgot the time."

"I can see that" laughed New. "Come on. They are waiting for you."

"New, what if he doesn't like me..." I sight nervously, "You know... black hair, small, chubby, wheelchair and stuff." I was trying to joke.

"Gun, you have no reason to be afraid. Your hair suits you. Small high makes you pretty and your chubbiness, on the other hand, makes you look cute... Who wouldn't like You." Laugh New.

"You're not funny at all. Now I truly think I'm chubby."

"GunGun, hurry!" the voice of my best friend sounded through the living room. "You slowpoke, what's taking you so long?" he added angrily.

"You know how he is when he's working," New answered him while we enter the room.I was  really worried and anxiously looked at the waiting guest. He was tall and quite well built for a gamer. His auburn hair was perfectly styled. Both his ears were pierced with a simple silver earring. It suited him. But what made me speechless were his deep brown eyes. They flash with mischief and playfulness. Summing it all up he was very handsome and charming.

"Hi, I'm Gun Atthaphan Phunsawat ..." I said shyly and extended my hand. I could feel his sharp stare on me. After a while he smiled, grabbed my hand and shook it.

"Hi, I'm Off Jumpol Adulkittiporn and it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." I replayed.

"You know, I'm really thankful for you letting me stay at your house. Tay told me, your kind and he was right. But he forgot to tell me something important." The cold tone of Off's voice made me tremble a little. I was right. He doesn't like me. Who would anyway. 

"Yes. You look quite surprised, that I'm at the wheelchair." sad smile painted my face. "I understand that not everyone is comfortable with handicapped people around them. " 

Off was silently watching me speak. "Maybe I need to explain myself." he smiled again. "He didn't tell me, that his best friend is that adorable."

I was stunned for a moment and didn't know how to respond to it. Aside New, Tay and close familly no one ever told me that. I felt my cheeks burning a little. I just hoped that it wasn't that visible. 

"Hey, don't flirt with my best friend!"  shouted Tay. 

"I'm not flirting, I simply saying a true." Off argue back. I was watching them with amusement. They look pretty close. The stress that I felt through whole day suddenly vanised and I could breathe easily again. 

"I don't want to interrupt your discussion, but I think Off need to get rest a bit." I laught at them. "Can you show him his room, please Tay. The back one. I already cleaned it."
"No problem boss." Replayed Tay. "Let's go, buddy. I will show you the way. Please follow me."
I was watching them leaving smiling to myself.
"What a lovely smile you have." Spoke out New. I just rolled my eyes to his statement. All of sudden my stomach made loud grumbling sound. I realized I haven't eaten anything all day.
"We should eat. I'm hungry." I said casually. Neither me or New were feeling like cooking, so we ordered pizza.
"Off looks like a fine guy." Started New.
"You're right. Doesn't seems like bad boy to me." I smiled at him.
We chatted a bit more, as we were waiting for our pizza to arrive.