Intruder

If I thought Off would give me a break after arriving home, I was mistaken. He followed me like a lost puppy, watching everything I did and talking nonstop. Strangely it didn't bother me as much as I imagined it would. The time flew by, and I had to take care of Bibii's meal. I send Off a glare as he walks inside my room as if he owns it. 

"You don't know a word privacy?" I asked him, eyebrow raised. 

"Sorry, I am not leaving you alone today." He chuckled, shaking his head. 

"You are annoying," I commented, but let him stay. 

"At least make yourself useful and help me with Bibii." I huffed out, making my way to the small cage. He skipped to my right, grinning like an idiot. I opened the small door and took Bibii from the cage. Off was watching me with adoration, and I couldn't help but blush. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but I put my tiny white ball of fur into his hands. 

"Hold her. If you let her fall, you are dead." I threatened him. Off was surprised, yet he didn't say anything.

"You are as cute as your owner." I heard him muttered as he gently stroke my precious bunny. I tried to distract myself with Bibii's food, but the Off's presence was disturbing. 

"So, when did you buy her?" Off suddenly asked, probably trying to break the awkward silence. 

"I didn't," I answered simply. 

"So it was a gift?" He spoke again. I nodded, trying not to see the jealousy in his voice. 

"From who?" 

I kept silent for a moment, absorbing the sudden change of tone. He was indeed jealous, and it was quite amusing. I shouldn't be flattered by it, right? 

"Tay," I answered, taking a quick hesitant peek at Off. His tense expression softened, evidently relieved. 

"Really?"

"Yes. He gives me Bibii before he travelled to the New York." I specified, my eyes admiring his smiling face. 

"Baby Gun!" Someone burst into the room, yelling. In an instant, I find myself enveloped in a tight hug. I was surprised with sudden weight added to my back and wandering hands tickling my ribs. I begin to giggle as I realized that only one person acted around me like this. 

"Krist, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused. "Weren't you supposed to come tomorrow?"

"Yes, but I missed you." The man whined. 

"Lier." I chuckled, trying to stop Krist's hands from tickling. 

"Who the fuck are you?" Off snapped. I peered at him, blinking. He was trying very hard not to squish the small animal in his hands. Krist let me go and made a few steps closer to Off. He looked him up and down and then smirked. 

"Krist Perawat Sangpotirat." Krist stretched out his hand for a handshake. Off was observing Krist's gesture with a frown before he adjusts the small bunny into one palm. He reluctantly accepted the handshake. 

"Off Jumpol Adulkitiporn." 

"So, baby Gun. You didn't tell me you have a new friend." Krist turned back at me. My eyebrow raised automatically. Trying to understand Krist was sometimes way too hard.  

"Off is staying here with Tay," I explained. 

"Do you have a problem with it?" Off interrupted quite loudly. 

"Should I?" Krist asked, smirking. This situation was quite familiar to me. A similar thing happened with Arm before. I started to get uncomfortable. I wasn't used to this. Not when the situation repeats itself in one day. I have no idea how to stop this. 

"Krist, Off." New's voice echoed through the room. 

"Why are you two behaving like small kids?" He asked, visibly annoyed. 

"We are not, just introducing ourselves, right?" Krist, send Off a meaningful glance. 

"Sure." Off nodded in agreement, clutching Bibii with a little bit more force for my liking. 

"Like I would believe you." New snorted, passing the two standing man, taking little bunny from Off and handing it to me. I give him an appreciating smile. I tried not to mind Off's and Krist's staring contest and give my all attention to my precious pet. 

"Krist is Gun's editor. If you didn't know, Off." New added casually. Off look at me seeking a confirmation. I hummed in response, not wanting to talk more. I was feeling awkward, as it is anyway. 

"You wanted to talk with Gun, Krist? Why? Something happened?" My cousin interrogated him. 

"Actually yes." He stared at me.

"Gun, the publishing house wants you to go for an author's reading next week," Krist announced as nothing happened. I glared in his direction. He knew I don't like these events, and I won't certainly attend this one either. 

"No." I simply answered.

"Baby Gun. You know, it's necessary." He pleaded. 

"No, is still no. The management knows about this, and they never complained." I pushed Bibii back to the cage. 

"Gun, this time it's different. It's a charity event for orphans." He continued.

"And as you know, your contract says, you need to attend at least one event in the year." he scolded me. My brows furrowed. 

"I did attend one, and it was awful." I turned to face Krist. 

"That was last year, Gun. If you don't want to get fired, you need to go." He tried to convince me. I wasn't happy with this idea. After Off's and Tay's arrival, I got to go out extremely often and it didn't sit well with me. I don't know if I will be able to handle more people this month. I send Krist puppy eyes, trying to mollify him, and it didn't work, to my misfortune. 

"Hey, if he doesn't want to go, then find something else." Off interrupted our discussion. I glanced at him, giving him a thankful smile. 

"It's not that easy. This is a rare occasion for him, and the management wants him there." Krist turned to face Off. 

"I can't do much for him this time," he added looking back at me. 

"Gun, if you don't go, I can't guarantee your job's safety." He warned me seriously. This is no good. Krist rarely made this face, when I refused to attend events. 

"I will be there with you. Don't worry. And New can go too." He tried to assure me. 

"I have no choice anyway." I sight, dejected. My eyes landed on Off. He was standing behind Krist, hands crossed on his chest, smirking. 

"I am going too." He announced, evidently not taking no for an answer. 

"Fine, let's take Tay, Arm and Singto too. The More the merrier, right?" I barked out sarcastically. 

"Let me make an idiot out of myself in front of all my friends," I added angrily, wheeling myself into my workroom, shutting the door behind myself with a loud bang. I tried not to listen to muted mummers coming out of my room. This wasn't looking good for me. 

-------------------------------------

Author's note: Hi, my dears, I have to apologize for not updating in a while. Our country cutting off the restrictions and we are allowed to go to work again. I am working as a bookseller, and my shifts suck. I am either at work or dead tired. This chapter is not edited, so please be generous. I introduced a new character, Krist, as I promised. 

Enjoy and stay safe. 💚💚💚💚💚