Chapter 19

Lynn

one year later...

The small wedding that Lynn came, but not as quickly as she wanted. But four months after she had asked Nickels to marry her, they had a beautiful back yard wedding at her and Nickels new place. After that, she got everything ready for the wedding in California, and made sure it was everything that she said it was going to be, with anyone who was anyone being invited...except for Nickels famous father.

It was in the middle over her honeymoon when she got the call that Winston had passed away. With that news her and Nickels packed up and came back home to Nashville, so she could help Addison with the funeral arrangements.

It had a little over a month, and they were all worried about Addison... she still hadn't gone back to work, or barely left the house in weeks. It was Dax who called Lynn up telling her just how bad it had gotten, so she decided to have a get together they could all be there to help Addison heal.

Everyone had showed up, and Dax was brining Addison and the boys over, because honestly, he didn't think she would show up if she was left on her own. And as soon as Ad walked into the kitchen... Lynn could see that things were getting really bad.

J.W. clung to Dax with one arm around his neck, the other grasping onto his guitar, while Justin held onto Ad for dear and life sucking his thumb, that was something new for him.

Margie was telling Lynn somethings that had happened while she'd been gone, and about how Win had passed, when she stood up from the table. Ad stopped as she stood in front of her, and tried to smile but just couldn't manage it, but Lynn came in and hugged her and Justin up in her arms. At first Addison did nothing, then a small sob came, but after that the damn broke and she started to cry.

Lynn pulled back whipping the tears from her face. "It's going to be okay sweetie. We'll get through this together. I promise." She whispered, and Ad nodded. "Come on. Let's go get you something to eat."

Lynn sat Addison at the table while Mindy got up making her a plate of food, and Dax came and sat next to her giving her a hug and kissing the side of her head.

No one said anything about it, not Jones, not Howie, hell, not even Nickels, but she could see all the looks on their faces at the way Dax was acting. Lynn had found out what Win had told the guys and what he wanted for Addison and the boys. She'd even been keeping an eye on Jimmy just to see how he was doing and if he could possibly be part of Addison's life again...

Everyone was sitting around the table after they ate and Addison looked relaxed as she held Justin. J.W. was sitting on Dax lap telling they guys about his new guitar, and how Dax said he play really good... just like his daddy.

His little smile was infectious, but Ad's smile dipped. She took a deep breath and handed Margie the sleeping Justin, and then excused herself from the table. J.W. jumped down off of Dax lap and started after her, when Tia gently took him by the hand to stop him. "J.W. let's get everyone and put on a movie, and I'll pop up some popcorn for you guys, Okay?" She smiled at her nephew.

He looked up at where Ad was, then back to his aunt, before he shook his head. Tia took him in with the rest of the kids and got them all settled. It seems what Margie was telling her earlier about J.W. being protective and not leaving Addison side was true.

Margie was worried that Addison was keeping all her pain bottled up inside to be strong for her boys. And after seeing just what she had... Lynn was in total agreement with that assessment. Bit when the sounds of crying made its way into the kitchen, Dax quickly got up and made his way over to Addison.

Lynn followed after him, along with the guys as they walk into the living room. Dax was holding Addison, while her hands grasped into his shirt, fisting the fabric as her body shook from the sobs. He glanced to the side, letting everyone know he would take care of it, and as they walked back into the Nickels couldn't help saying what they all were thinking... "Man, I think some major shit going to be down if this gets any more serious..."