Chapter 17

Lynn

It had been three months since her attack, and it had been a very long three months. Nickels left a month or so go needing to be at the office to help sign some new bands. Plus, he needed to make sure thing were on track with Death Ever After's new album, and to check in with Jimmy to make sure he was still doing okay.

The first court date was coming up, and Nicolas said he would be home in time to go with her, but in the music business, things can change quickly.

Last Sunday her and Ad worked on some music, and of course she went there to see her God babies as well. She was grateful to Dax for staying over at Ad and Win house, so Addison always had help. Dax had also was helping J.W. learn how to play the guitar, which was great. J.W. was traumatized by everything going on with Win and seemed to have taken to Dax like he was a second father or something... and that could lead to problems down the road.

It was Friday evening as Lynn pulled up to Addison's house, pulled out a smoke, and lit it up. After the last couple months, she'd had... quitting was going to have to wait a bit longer. While she just sat there in silence, her cell went off. She picked it up seeing Sammy's number and smiled. "Hey chick, what's going on?"

"I'm sending out some groups that Billy wants your opinion on. Also, he's needs a rock ballad for the new group that you sent us. He likes them but thinks a ballad will be a big boost after their first song is release." Sammy sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Did you overnight it?" Lynn asked taking a drag.

"Yeah, should be at Addison's today."

"Cool, we'll get right on it." She nodded, snubbing out the smoke and getting ready to go see Ad.

"Wait, there's something more that I wanted to tell you about." Sammy started, but then paused.

"Okay, what's up?"

"Well..."

"Shit Sammy, just spit it out?" Lynn groaned.

"Well, there's been some talk about Crystal lately..." Sam hinted.

"Oh damn, what does she got going on now?" She laughed.

"Word is that she's pissed at you... well, pissed would be an understatement. She still thinks you're coming back to California, and rumor is that she wanted to sabotage all of you... I even heard something about her planed on screwing with your guys." Sam confessed.

"Well, I dared her to do her worst, now let's see what she comes up with." She laughed.

"Don't laugh Lynn. She is crazy pissed!" Sammy whined.

"Okay, got it... I'll watch my back." She chuckled.

"Yeah, watch your back." She agreed.

"Okay, I will Sam, and Ad and I will get to work. We should have everything done in a week or so."

"I'll let Bill know that, and I'll talk to later..."

"Yeah, sounds good." She said, and then walked into Addison's house. She opened up the door to the house and it was quitter than usual. "Knock, knock!" She shouted walking into the front room.

Death Ever After was going to be hitting the road soon, and that meant a very long year for all of them. So they all decided to spend the next couple moths together, especially now that Win's health was declining so fast.

Addison had told Lynn the other day that she had to stay strong for Winston, so that meant, no cry, not acting stressed, or talking about the leukemia.

Margie had went to Ad's house the other day, and then went over to see Lynn after words telling her how worried she was... and Lynn was in complete agreement. Now she could see the light in the kitchen was on as she turned the corner, and then saw Addison sitting at the table staring vacantly at the couch.