The Battle of Italica

Start from the beginning

"Game on you fuckers," I thought while pulling the trigger.

A green flare launched from the barrel of the gun. It rose into the sky and crested above the tree line. In the distance, I could hear the rumbling of M1 Abrams starting to break their way through the tree line. The first tank popped out of the tree line next to me. I stood up and found my squad inside of their JLTV waiting for me. Hopping in, the sound of the hydraulic system working the gun filled my ears.

"Move out," I ordered.

The vehicle rushed forwards stacking behind the rows of Abrams shooting on the move. Lasers streaked towards the tanks and didn't penetrate the armor. We could see the Eastern Gate start to fill the windshield.

"Incoming! Large heat signature in the eastern gate!" one of the attack helicopter pilots warned.

The gate busted open revealing a crystal hulk of something. A red light came from the barrel along with something poking out the top.

"Anvil 2, dodge that attack!" the chopper pilot ordered.

The gun of the crystal vehicle opened up. The red laser engulfed the M1 while screams of agony filled the radio. The ground was completely trashed while the Abrams was nowhere to be found. Contrails of smoke came up from the tank.

"Fuck, Anvil Two lost," I cussed.

"Incoming!" someone interjected.

An explosion sounded in the sky.

"All of the helo support is gone!" Karl shouted.

"Here comes another one!" Jerry shouted.

The JLTV swerved to the left while the Abrams in front of us was surrounded by a red light. More sounds of pain filled the radio.

"All units, the new target is to be neutralized at any and all costs!" the marine commander shouted over the radio.

"Easy for you to say when your not getting your ass shot at," Karl hissed under his breath.

"The big gun is useless, sabot rounds can't pierce it," one of the tank commanders informed the whole force.

"Call in some CAS Howard!" a tank commander ordered, "Get any go-ahhhhhh!!!"

The radio cut out signaling the loss of that tank.

"Anvil One and Five lost," Anvil Two muttered.

"We're getting massacred out here!" Jerry stated.

The South Americans weren't being a big help. Most didn't have an armored force nor motorized infantry. They were just being picked off from enemy snipers.

"New target is designated as Crystal One. The one weak point is seems to be a sufficient explosion impacting the top of the armor," the Marine commander said.

"The Abrams are too short to reach the top of the tank sir," Anvil 2 followed up.

"Looking for a laser designator," a voice stated over the radio.