Chapter 1

The house had to be close now, it had to be. I had never been more tired in my life. My feet ached with every step and a small headache was starting to form. We had to get to the house soon if we didn't... I forced myself to think a different path, I had to be strong for Nala like I had always been, at least since we found out. "We should just do the usual Nadya, my head hurts real bad and I don't want an accident on our hands" The voice of my sister startled me out of my thoughts "You know they are on our trails Nala if we do that they will catch us for sure. Detectors do something you know" The link became silent once more. I hated to do this to my sister but I had to. I could not let them capture us again, I just couldn't.

We walked for another 2 hours before it came to view. An incredibly small black cottage that seemed easily destroyed. Everyone in the containment centre had heard  rumours of this place thanks to human Halloween stories, a haunted cottage in a valley where things move and strange sounds occur. Humans of course thought it was only a story to scare children but we knew better. We all dreamed of coming to this place because maybe just maybe there was still one of us free, living there and if they used their abilities without triggering anything the place was detector proof. It seemed too good to be true. Most of our friends believed it was a trap to get our kind in one spot. If that were the case we would be easy pickings.

But Nala and me had still come! We were hoping that our kind would finally have a safe haven from humans, of course none of them would escape. Mine and Nala's escape must have freaked them out. Security would be better than ever. It would be impossible to leave a containment centre once more.

Nala was the first to enter  the old home, the insides of the place did not look better than the outside. Everything seemed old and outdated as if the place had not seen a living being in a long time. "I don't think... Our suspicions were wrong. There is no way anyone lives here let alone one of our kind" My sister had always been more negative than me "There is still hope. Maybe they went somewhere." "I doubt it but we have more pressing matters, the headache is getting stronger" That freaked me out. We still didn't know if this place magically defeated detectors still, it was a risk we had to take. If an accident happened here I don't think the cottage would be able to take it "Then you know what to do"

As soon as she heard my approval Nala's eyes became white, her hands started to shake, and suddenly objects started floating. I turned around to scope the place out "Nadya. NADYA that's not me!" I froze on my tracks, my heart started pumping faster, my eyes became white instinctively

- Show yourself!

Very slowly a man in his 30s appeared, he was dressed fully in black, however his hair and eyes were white his hand shaking just as Nala's. In other circumstances it might have been funny to see his shocked face when he noticed our eyes but fear was the only thing that came out of my bond with Nala. Judging by his eye and hair colour he was powerful. He could easily kill us.  Shockingly his hand slowly came down his eyes and hair still glowing, a sign of forced peace in our kind.

- Who the hell are you?