the battle

Issei and ruval were teleported to a made shift arena. Both fighters stood on opposite side of the stadium looking at each other with a battle hungry eyes.

In the audience were many high ranking people of the devil faction.
Rias was watching by Sirzechs and Grayfia. On the other side there was riser Phenex and Ravel phenex. Riser had no doubt that his older brother and idol would win the fight against a low class servant. Ravel was watching with a interested look on her eyes. This issei hyoudou gave Ravel a feeling she could not describe but for now she set those feeling to the side and watch the fight.

Rias peerage members were watching with sona sitri and tsubaki shinra on a television screen together with other high class devils. There was also a other individual with them. He had black hair violet eyes and very good physique. He watches the fight with great interest.

(Arena)

In the arena ruval and Issei stared at each other. Waiting for the match to begin. Sirsech voice was heard.

"Ladies and gentlemen, right now you are about to witness the battle between Ruval phenex and issei Hyoudou the red dragon emperor and pawn of Rias Gremory. Let this battle commence."

After sirzechs little speech both fighters unfolded their wings. Out of ruval came 2 orange wings of fire looking very majestic. Put of issei came 2 dragon wings. They were black from outside and dark red in the inside. Out of issei came 2 horns that were black and a black tail with a red tip. Issei did not wanted to reveal his tentacles for now.

Both fighters launched at each other with blinding speed. Almost all high ranking devils only saw red/black and orange blurs.

Issei and ruval traded punches and kicks with each other. Both fighters block their opponent attack. This lasted for a good minute until both fighters realize that this is going nowhere.

Both landed a few masters from each other. Most of their clothes were torn of. Some females were blushing at the powerful fighters physique.

Issei decided to not waste time and yelled. "Crimson curse field". Moments later the arena was surrounded in a crimson and black coloured flame.

Ruval noticed that his wings were slowly losing their flames. He knew he couldn't stay in this field for long and need to do something quickly.

He gathered his phenex fire around his body. Moments later he dashed at issei who was standing still waiting for ruval to strike. He dashed at issei with his body covered in orange fire.

Issei smirk and quickly did the same. He covered himself with black and red fire. ruval punched issei with his fist covered in orange flames resulting in a explosion.

When the explosion was cleared they saw a giant crator with ruval and Issei both in it on the floor. While issei protected himself he didn't protect himself from the explosion.

Both issei and ruval started to stand up.
Both of their bodies had bruises and scratch marks. They looked at each other and smirked. They were enjoying the fight. Both fighters charged at each other again with blinding speed. The crowd were in awe. Ruval was considered the strongest phenex to be ever born and to see that he had a hard time against a low class servant.

(Observatory room)

"Very interesting, your servant Rias fight on par with ruval and he hasn't used his sacred once." Noted sirzechs making the people present widen their eyes. He was right, issei is the red dragon emperor but he hasn't used his sacred once meaning he base strength is in the ultimate level.