CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The next couple of weeks, Nma's feet hardly touched the ground, she was walking on air and so happy. Most of the people who thought she had a death wish before found it difficult to understand what was happening to her. Even Helen couldn't understand it anymore. Nma had Eva to thank for her meddling but the meddlesome woman was not in the country. Helen walked in as she was musing to herself.

"Ok, out with it" Helen said

"Out with what?" Nma asked her pretending ignorance

"You are smiling to yourself again; only two things can make me do that, dating Chuck or Jason Momoa "

"So you have it hot for Chuck"

"The guy is too cute for his own good, and I find footballers sexy"

"Didn't know football is such a sexy sports"

"Don't change the subject"

"Let's just say I am happy with way things are now in my life"

"Most of us are happy with our lives too, but that dreamy look and smiling at nothing is way beyond it, so is it prince charming"

"How very perspective you are dear, Uche is a big part of my life and I am happy with us"

"Oh Nma isn't it wonderful that of all the women all over the world he chose you. It makes me wonder what his psycho ex Angela would say this time"

Nma had forgotten about the other girl, the girl Uche was dating before he met her, funny how he never spoke of her again. Not that she was relishing seeing the girl but it looked quite suspicious that the girl would just give up so easily after all her threats.

"There goes my big mouth, didn't you know about her"

"Of course I do, I was just wondering what happened to her"

"Simple Uche dumped her for you; she must have seen the way he is besotted with you and decide to give up"

Nma laughed at Helen's enthusiasm. The girl was full of energy and optimism. She acted like a teenager.

"So back to you, I think I can help with Chuck" Nma said

"Chuck, do you know him?"

"Let's just say I am very close to his brother"

"Prince charming, yes I know they are very close, why do you think I am in full support of Prince charming" Helen laughed "Now that my friend is dating his brother, I know she would hook me up" Helen pleaded

"I will if my friend works very hard to finish the orders I gave her in a record time"

"Deal" Helen agreed quickly and rushed out to start.

Nma smiled happily at Helen. The girl was a bundle of excitement, Nma was yet to see her depressed or sad even for a minute. And it dawned on Nma that she knew next to nothing about the girl. How could one be such a talkative and yet say nothing about her own background?

Tessy opened the door to her husband's office and smiled at him. He smiled back and got up from his chair; he drew her in his hands and kissed her passionately.

"Just what I needed in middle of the afternoon, my sexy wife"

"I came to see Nma, you said she has been working around with a long face, I want see if I can cheer her up"

"Too late, she glowing these days"

"Really, that is strange?"

"Not exactly"