𝙃𝙚𝙧 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚

"Come on! You should be swaying your hips and twerking your booty right now. You can't miss this song for God's sake!"

Alishba had to literally scream at Zayn as the loud deafening hip hop music was blasting through the hall. The ultramarine colours that were flashing around the hall made the room a bit dim and did no justice to her eyes, making her squint her black eyes every now and then. Everything seemed to be disturbingly shadowy but Zayn's face was clear to Alishba in that unclear space, as the boy with ocean blue eyes turned towards her.

"Hell no! Parties aren't just about swaying and twerking. There are other fun things to do as well. And I know that better than those bunch of crackheads," Zayn said, pointing to his friends who were bopping to the pop music, a few with their partners and the rest going solo.

"Really? Crackheads? Mr. Zayn, should I really remind you that you are the one who's hosting this party?" asked Alishba.

"So?"

"So, basically and obviously, the bunch of crackheads you are referring to are your goddamn friends!" Alishba said, showing her iconic diplomatic smile.

"I know!" Zayn said, throwing his hands in the air. "But it's a fact, they really are crackheads."

"You are unbelievable." Alishba rolled her eyes, being done with him.

"Yeah, I know."

"Oh please! Don't flatter yourself, boy. By the way, what's that fun thing you said earlier?"

"What fun thing?"

"The thing you said earlier. About doing something that is way more fun than just dancing at parties. God, do you have amnesia?" asked Alishba, cringing.

"That one! Well you know, you can do something like this."

"Something like what?"

"Just sit and talk to a beautiful girl and get to know more about her," Zayn said, leaning forward with his elbows propped up on the table and resting his irresistible charming face on his hands with a smile playing on his lips.

"Smooth!" Alishba said with a sarcastic tone and avoided his gaze to obscure her smile which she was toiling to, along with her blushing face.

She could feel the butterflies in her tummy going wild with happiness and shyness and fluttering its wings, matching the pace of her pounding heart.

Alishba's eyes went through the frenzied crowd of students that were dancing, drinking and grinding on each other. She looked at the girls who barely covered any of their skin. Her eyes then fell on herself, taking in the floral cocktail dress with full sleeves. She heedlessly compared her outfit with other's skimpy ones, making herself stand out as a misfit.

The smoke, the heat, the closed doors and windows made her pat the sweat that formed on her forehead at times. Eyes from here and there made her more insecure than she already was. But she knew she was getting frowns and stares at the fact Zayn Zayat, the college heartthrob, was talking and flirting with a normal brown Indian girl, Alishba Hussain.

"Well, come on. I'll show you something," Zayn said after sharing a few minutes of silence between them, making Alishba's head snap towards him.

"Where?"

"Just come. Trust me," Zayn said, holding his hand out to Alishba.

Alishba looked at him and then his hand. Inside, she was having a battle between her mind and brain about taking his hand and going with him. She already broke a promise by coming to this party, but how could she say no when it was Zayn holding his hand out?