Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The heart let out few beats as the drops of blood run down the Nogitsune's hand and finally dropped on the floor with a sound that felt as heavy as a thunder at the moment. Lydia stopped screaming. Everyone run towards Malia, who was not moving, when she breathed out but didn't breathe in again.

"No." Lydia said silently and started sobbing.

"Malia!" Scott shouted and shook her shoulders as if she was just unconcious and supposed to wake up with a little help. He went on for some time not letting go of the idea of Malia leaving with them by her own. But not this time.

"Scott, stop." Isaac said.

He was probably the most clear-minded person there at the moment even though it brought back some unwanted memories of Allison.

"There's nothing you can do."

Scott admitted to himself Isaac was right and there was no way to change it. Malia had a hole in her chest and she was killed by Stiles' hands. He knew it wasn't the real Stiles, but he was in there and knew about everything that was happening.

Scott realized the Nogitsune was gone. They had nothing and they lost Malia. The person Stiles loved. They were supposed to help him but this will destroy him.

"He's tearing us apart and taking throphies." Lydia broke the silence.

No one replied. Kira was kneeling in front of Malia, looking at her, not being able to say or do anything. Despite no one letting it be seen, everyone got hit by a wave of fear and hopelessness. Scott knew that as an Alpha he has to do or at least say something to make them feel safe, but there were no words running through his mind but one.

Death. It was cycling around them quite a lot in the last few days but it never actually hit until now. He didn't know what to do, but he knew they couldn't stay there.

"We have to take her body and go." he said.

"Where?" asked Isaac.

"I don't know, but we cannot stay here and we are not leaving her here."

Scott was determined to take her with them, she was part of the pack. He thought about who they could go to and he immediately ruled out Derek's place, because Peter could be there and that would not end well. He didn't want to go to his home either, his mom would be there and he didn't want her to see this, it was hard enough for her already with all the supernatural in their lives. The only option left was Stiles' dad. He was a sheriff so he might help them and it was time to tell him what was going out, as it started to be really dangerous.

It was getting late and sheriff Stilinski wasn't home yet, but they knew were the spare key was hidden, so they let themeselves in. Scott took Malia in his arms and carried her into the house, laying her on Stiles' bed.

They just sat around her quietly for a while when they heard the door open. The sheriff got home, took his jacket off and put his bag down before he went for Stiles' room to check on him.

"Stiles, are you home?" he shouted.

Scott appeared in the hallway, coming out of Stiles' room.

"Hi Scott, didn't know you'd be here, how are you guys doing?" sheriff asked.

"Mr. Stilinski, Stiles isn't here." Scott responded.

"Where is he?" The sheriff's look changed from tired to slightly terrified.

"Something happened." Scott finished and turned around to enter the room everyone else waited in.

When sheriff saw Malia lying on the bed wearing a shirt covered in blood, he run to her and started shaking her shoulders.

"What happened? Why didn't you take her to the hospital but here? We have to go to hospital!" he yelled at Scott, who brokenly answered:

"It's too late. He killed her. He ripped her heart out. We didn't know where else to take her."

"Scott, what are you talking about. Who killed her? What is happening?" The sheriff asked very confused.

Lydia joined the conversation. "It's Stiles. He got to him again. The plan didn't work and he took him and got into his head again. We have to save him. We have to."

Mr. Stilinski sat down and all he said was: "No."

It sounded broken. Father losing his son to evil for the second time. He took a little while to breath and then started asked: "What are we going to do?"

No one knew what they should do, but they knew they had to win. They had to get Stiles back. It would kill Mr. Stilinski to lose him for good. Even though they didn't have a plan, Scott tried to sound as convincing as possible for the sake of all of them.

"We will figure it out, we had separated them once before so we can do it again."

"I can ask my mom and go over some books, maybe I will find something, what do you think?" Kira suggested. It was the best she could do at the moment.

"And what about the body?" Isaac said.

He got some hurtful looks, but he was just being realistic.

"It's gonna sound insensitive, but I think the best thing is to call Melissa and put Malia's body in morgue for now." The sheriff responded.

It wasn't much, but at least everyone got to do something. Mr. Stilinski and Scott took care of Malia and the rest was going to go to Kira's parents and try to get some answers.

------------------------------------------

Kira came home with Lydia and Isaac and explained the whole situation to her parents, hoping they would know what to do.

Kira's mom looked very worried as she started: "I don't understand how come the sword didn't kill him. I am afraid if we try to separate the Nogitsune for the second time, it will kill the host. There is also no evidence of how much of Stiles is left. We have to find a way to destroy him even if Stiles is still in there. I am sorry, but it is too late for him."

That was not what they wanted to hear at all.

Lydia couldn't keep quiet anymore and almost screamed: "No. We will get Stiles back. There has to be another way. We are not killing him!"

Everyone understood her frustration and Kira's mom tried to calm her down. "If it makes you feel better, we will try and search for an option to save Stiles some other way. But I want you to keep on your minds that the main task is to eliminate the threat."

They were all relieved a bit for the help they were getting but they still took what she told them and knew it wasn't going to be easy this time. In the corner of their minds they knew it could end badly for their friend.