Chapter 10

Scott and Lydia both decided it would be best to go their separate ways for the day and try to rest. They were too tired to start research right away or in the worse case stand up to the Nogitsune again.

Lydia went straight home. She got to bed and did her best trying to fall asleep. It took her a long time, but eventually she did and slept until the next morning.

Meanwhile Scott decided to go to the hospital, to check on Stiles' dad. He met his mom there, who asked how he was doing. He said he was fine, just tired, which was quite a lie. Nothing was fine, but he carried on with the conversation, asking how Mr. Stilinski is doing.

"He hasn't woken up and nothing changed, his vitals are still the same."

Scott knew that the longer the sheriff hadn't woken up the less chance is there for him to, but at least he didn't get worse.

After that he headed home too. He tried to search the Internet for information about the Nogitsune, but he had no luck and after a while he also decided that going to bed is the best option. Their problems would still be there the next day and he was to no use like this. The least he could do for himself was to sleep for a bit, so he did.

----------------------------

The next day they were supposed to go to school, but both decided not to. Everyone would understand why they wouldn't show up, using the opportunity to get together and just think.

Lydia came to Scott's house around ten o'clock, after they both woke up from a long sleep.

"Hi." She said and smiled. It was a sad smile, but a little bit less forced than the days before. She sat down on the couch in Scott's living room.

It was a quiet house at the moment. His mom was working, but she left them some food for later.

They didn't do much for the first hour, talking a lot about the usual stuff like school and such, letting their minds rest from the supernatural for a bit, but the time came they had to talk about it anyway.

"What should we do next?" Lydia asked when there was no other school subject to talk about.

"We can get something to eat." Scott answered.

"No, I mean, what is our next move?" She specified.

"Oh," Scott sighed and sat back down, "I don't know exactly. I tried to look up some info on the Internet yesterday, but nothing useful came up."

"There has to be someone who knows something." Lydia said, trying to suggest calling Mrs. Yukimura, who might be the one to go to.

"I don't think that's a good idea just yet." Scott answered, knowing exactly who she had in mind.

"And what about Dr. Deaton?" Lydia thought out loud.

It was true that he was the only one they knew who ever heard about the fact that something like a cure might even exist. He was a very smart man with a lot of connections, so Scott agreed with Lydia and decided to give him a call.

Lydia could hear him saying that he would do everything to find out as much as possible.

When Scott hang up, he didn't have to say anything and Lydia smiled a little. "Let's eat now." She said.

They both learned to be very careful with hope, but patient and satisfied with the little things.

They enjoyed their lunch quietly. After that, they tried to look for information or legends or basically anything, but after a while they stopped, realising all they can do was wait.

Lydia decided to go home and prepare for school, which they were going to the next day.

"Have you heard from Isaac?" Scott asked when she was about to leave.

"No." Lydia simply answered.

Scott nodded in goodbye and she left.

They didn't know if Isaac left the town or was home, but they didn't want to make him jump right back in, as the death of Kira must have brought back memories of Allison. For Scott Allison was the most important person and he missed her a lot, but Isaac took it especially hard.

----------------------------

The following day they met in the morning and went to school together. The official story was that they got mugged by some man and Kira got stabbed and that the police haven't caught him yet.

They got a lot of 'I am so sorry, Kira was an amazing girl, she was such a good friend' the whole day, half of it from people that have probably never met them or Kira.

--------------------------------

For a few more days they were getting sorry looks by everyone, but less and less people were coming up to them and they could finally almost feel like at school again. Only Isaac was still nowhere to be seen and also Mr. Yukimura remained absent.

Scott's phone rang and an unknown number showed on the screen. He picked up in and heard Mrs. Yukimura's voice. He didn't really know what to say, but she did the talking.

She introduced herself and started: "Scott, I am very sorry for what I said the last time. I was very upset and hurt. I want you to know I will not do anything to hurt Stiles, but I will not help you, sorry. We are leaving the town tomorrow morning."

Scott expressed his understanding, wished them luck and hung up. He then told Lydia what she said. They both understood that Kira's parents didn't want to stay in town to be reminded of what they lost every single day.

Every day after school, they went back to the McCalls' to do homework and finish some schoolwork they missed over the few last days. They were spending a lot of time together, keeping themselves distracted while waiting. They also felt better, especially Scott, knowing the other one is alive.

They stopped asking each other about Isaac, because not knowing if he's going to show up or not only made them feel nervous and guilty.

---------------------------------

One of these afternoons they finally recieved a call from Dr. Deaton to meet them in his office. He sounded serious, but didn't tell them if he found something out or not. They didn't get their hopes up, but immediately went to the vet's.

When they got there, he still had a patient so they impatiently stood in the waiting room. A woman with a dog walked out shortly after and they rushed in. That woman was Deaton's last patient for the day, so they had a plenty of time to talk.

They sat down and Dr. Deaton told them everything he got to find out.

"I called my friend from Japan first, but then I realized I am not looking for information about the Nogitsune, but more about the werewolfs. He didn't know more than we already did, but gave me a number I might get answers from."

"Did you?" Scott let out impatiently.

"Yes. Well, something at least. The man told me more about the legend. It is unknown what kind of object the cure is, because as the legend passed through generations, multiple versions appeard. The thing that is known for sure is that it is something that is attached to the spirit and the soul, not to the body. There were stories about two ways how to stop or divert the cure. They got lost over the years, but I was promised he would try to find them out." Dr. Deaton said.

"Alright, that doesn't give us much, but it's something." Scott noted.

"Actually, that right here gives us a way I think." Dr. opposed. "As I said, the cure is attached to the soul, but it is not considered for two souls or spirit possesing one body."

"So that means only the Nogitsune is the one with a cure, not Stiles." Lydia said.

"Exactly." Dr. Deaton reacted.

"Okay, we need Stiles to be himself again. But then what?" Scott asked.

"Well, there certainly cannot be two souls of the opposite nature in one body." Deaton explained.

"Oh my god," Lydia sighed, "we need to turn Stiles into a werewolf."